Priceline Hotel: 4* Miami (South Beach) Royal Palm

jsa777
By jsa777,
in

I am starting to plan a trip to Florida in February. I looked at Hotwire hotels for South Beach for 2/12 - 2/15. A 4 * hotel with the amenities of Beachfront, Restaurant, Pool, Fitness Center, Laundry comes up as a Best Value for $88. However, when I select it it shows the total to be $264 + 109.73 for fees for a total cost of 373.73. I have never done a Hotwire purchase, but those fees seem quite high. When I select another hotel listed for the same period, a 2* hotel for $100, the fees are only $46. Is this usual for Hotwire? The 4* appears to be the Royal Palm, which I understand to have a $20 resort fee, but as far as I know that is unrelated to the Hotwire fees.

It would seem to make sense that the resort fee is being included in the price (as the difference in taxes and fees between this select and the other one is ~$60)... but Hotwire official stance is still that resort fees are additional and payable to the hotel upon check-out.

Maybe a policy change is eventually in the works? (and messing things up presently)

Here is another similar thread posted today: HOTWIRE FEES.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]