Hotwire Hotel: 4* Houston (Downtown) The Westin Houston Downtown

TxDavid
By TxDavid,
in

Was looking at hotels for 12/6/13 for one night and when I clicked on the hotel, I got the "Book Soon" message. This one said "Book soon! The last person got the The Westin Houston Downtown" Amenities are

Free Internet

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Internet access

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

It was listed for $98. I did not book this hotel yet, but it's not on the hotel list, so I thought I'd share.

TWO NOTES:

1) The "last person got..." info is in reference to the last person how bought a hotel at this star rating and in this zone, NOT for the specific hotel being offered. This could be the same hotel as the 'last person' or it could have a different amenity set than the previous user and be a different hotel entirely.

2) I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you click thru a few extra links.

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool, and then click the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab, do you see more amenities then what you have listed above?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It is no longer showing up. Now the 4* Says "Book soon! The last person got the The Sam Houston Hotel."

This 4* has two additional amenities listed (last 2).

Free Internet

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Internet access

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Roll-in shower

This is likely the same hotel that you saw previously (notice the amenities of the hotel in your first post are identical to the first nine amenities of the 'second' hotel).

NOTE that to see the complete amenities associated with each you will need to do the following:

1) search HOTWIRE and select the offer from the search results page

2) click the BOOK NOW button

3) in the TRIP SUMMARY BOX click the 'See more' link at the end of the amenities

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sweeeeeet Deal. Brand new Westin Hotel in Downtown Houston for $77 a night! Lowest rate on the website was a resident rate of $159

Amenities:

Free Internet

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Internet access

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

In-room accessibility

It had the two missing amenities...

So did it have ACCESSIBLE BATHROOM and ROLL-IN SHOWER or just the nine you listed two posts above?

If you go to HOTWIRE and view this purchase using the MY ACCOUNT >> MY TRIPS link... what amenities are shown there?

Thanks, enjoy your stay.

Sorry for the confusion. It sounded a lot clearer when I wrote it, but re-reading it...no so much.

These are the listed amenities:

Free Internet

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Internet access

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

In-room accessibility

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]