Priceline Hotel: Two separate bids for two consecutive nights because night 1 is a very expensive holiday?

einna86
By einna86,
in

Hi all, I have been poring over the forums and absorbing as much info as possible, and always starting practice searches with the links up top - what a great resource!

My question is: I'm trying to book a 4* hotel in LA (Santa Monica) for 12/31/13-1/1/14. The retail rates of hotels in the area are MUCH higher for New Year's Eve, as expected, but they drop for Jan 1.

Will Priceline average the price of the two nights when considering my bid? Or should I create two separate bids, to avoid overpaying for Jan 1, but with the risk of staying in two separate hotels?

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Usually, but not always, PRICELINE will average the two nites (it depends upon the hotel), but when there is a large price difference it can be more problematic. Historically, HOTWIRE has a better track record of averaging the nites.

I would at least start by bidding for both nites together up to your maximum budget, then you can make a determination if you should SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID and/or look at what HOTWIRE has to offer.

What is your maximum budget (averaged) over the two nites?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

HOTWIRE has what i'm guessing to be The Huntley Santa Monica Beach for $279/nite for your dates... would this work for your plans?

If so, you could bid via PRICELINE up to $279/nite, then if rejected, take the HOTWIRE offer.

Let us know your thoughts, and if you'd like to try bidding on PRICELINE confirm your maximum bid and we will suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]