Hotwire Hotel: Boston- BackBay/Copley

brendacruise
By brendacruise,
in

Hi

I am so nervous to bid so i thought maybe you can help me. I have been researching that this is the area that would be good for 3 nights. 3 nights in July. We want to walk everywhere and plan on taking in 2 Red Sox games.

I am thinking 4 star, around $200. Do you think it is possible to get the Lennox?

Any advice. Should I use Priceline or Hotwire?

Welcome to Betterbidding.

Please confirm the date/s of travel and we would be happy to offer our thoughts.

There is no way to guarantee a particular property via either discount service. In the bottom corner of each thread you can see links to lists of hotels that have been reported to the board via PRICELINE and HOTWIRE for that particular state. This is also accessible via the "Can't Find What You're Looking For?" box in the upper corner (click, then scroll to "See Hotel Lists".)

HOTWIRE is generally moderately more expensive, but one can make an educated guess as to which hotel or hotels it may be. PRICELINE bidding requires being willing to accept any hotel at the star rating chosen in the zone/s chosen. PRICELINE Express allows one to narrow down the possibilities, although often not as far as HOTWIRE. Let us know your thoughts on which would be more appealing.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thanks for the welcome!! Great site!

I think probably HOTWIRE? Not sure really... My dates are July 8 9 10 2 people.

I'm not really that fussy but do want a touristy area, very walkable, clean, comfy hotel. I just read on another forum that the back bay Copley area was great for three days as it has lots of restaurants and sites walkable. Plus fen way!

Thanks for the help!

Boston is not that large (geographically) of a city but i would suggest being open to taking their train system to most parts of the city as it will save you time walking long distances and enable you to more easily get around quickly and see/do more things.

Just over your listed budget at $205/nite HOTWIRE has what i believe to be the 5* Revere Hotel Boston Common which gets excellent reviews (with a 4.5/5.0 TA rating) if this is of any interest.

If you search HOTWIRE are there any properties of interest within your desired zone(s) and/or star rating?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

PRICELINE only let's you bid once every 24 hours unless you change at least one of the following:

check-in date

check-out date

lower star rating

add another zone

You can use this last one to your advantage by adding zones that only contain star levels lower than the star level you are bidding, as per Priceline Re-Bidding Explained (but as you're new to the subject it's highly recommended that you ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones before bidding)

Is Copley Square-Back Bay the only zone you're willing to accept (as adding more zones gives more hotels a chance to accept your bid price)? What is your maximum bid for a hotel for this stay at the 4* level?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Tried 145 and opened the area up to waterfront and copley/back bay, but no success.

Cleared my cookies, history, tried $155 Back Bay/Copley, no success...

July 2014 Is high season so I may have to go WAYYY UPP, lol!!!

Hotwire is showing what looks to be the Colonnade for your dates at $188. That hotel has a 'free wifi' icon -- I believe you have to sign up for their affinity program to get the wifi in your room. It also has a really nice outdoor pool on the roof.

Some people complain about noise there, and you won't get a view (it's not tall enough). But excellent location for a trip to Fenway Park -- the walk is just about a mile and a quite pleasant one in July.

Copley/Back Bay is definitely the most convenient downtown area to Fenway. Back Bay also has upscale shopping and chic restaurants. For historic sightseeing you want the Downtown/Faneuil Hall, Beacon Hill, or Waterfront/North End areas. And the Commons/Theater is in between. Personally I'd recommend looking in all of those districts and just trying to find the best deal -- as thereuare says the city is smaller than you might think, and the T public transportation system is easy and cheap to use.

Also, you might want to take a look at Last Minute Travel. They're showing the Marriott Copley, which is a 3.5* but to my mind should be 4*, for $166, and the Loews for $206. And you can almost always get a lower rate by phoning them instead of buying off their web page. (LMT is opaque, but BB has good tricks for uncovering the hotel identities.)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]