Hotwire Hotel: houston galleria 4+

annegray
By annegray,
in

The past few years we have booked a Hotwire deal which was identified as the Westin Oaks and luckily this is what we got. However I see the description has changed this year and there is no real clue. When I clicked on it said at the top the last person got the Royal Sonesta. I really wouldn't want the Sonesta and I also notice on Priceline name your own price a lot of people are winning the Sonesta. As it is for 12 nights in April I don't want to make a mistake. The Priceline secret hotel has a choice of 1 or 2 beds and says pets accepted. Any clues on this one? For the first time I am unsure what to do. I don't mind any of the other 4* star hotels in galleria area but just don't want the Sonesta.

Thanks for any advice.

A few thoughts:

1. If a HOTWIRE listing notes that the last buyer got a particular hotel, that does not necessarily mean that the underlying hotel for the listing you are viewing is that hotel as well.

2. If you need us to help try to ID a listing, please provide the full information regarding the listing (amenities, star rating, date/s, etc.) You can also look at: Hotwire Hotel List Texas.

3. Searching for 2 adults and 2 children (even if you are only two adults) sometimes results in different listings.

4. If you bid on PRICELINE, you have to be willing to accept any of the 4*'s in the zone chosen.

5. If you need help trying to ID a PRICELINE Express listing, please provide the full list of details regarding the listing (amenities, guest rating, zone, date/s, price) and we would be happy to try to ID, but given that the PRICELINE Express amenities are more general, there could be multiple possibilities.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I am looking at Houston Galleria,9th April - 21st April

Hotwire 4* deal

85% recommended ( 981 reviews )

T/A 4 out of 5

fitness centre

pool(s)

restaurant(s)

internet access

business centre

in room access

Priceline 4* deal

Guest rating 7.0

pool

pets accepted

business centre

fitness centre

choice of 1 or 2 beds

When I always got the Westin Oaks before the nearby tennis was the giveaway imo

Thanks for any help

I can't find any 4* on PRICELINE with a guest rating of 7.0

Going by reviews I am thinking maybe HOTWIRE is the Westin Galleria.

It just worries me the last person got the Sonesta it says

For the 4* Galleria Express Deals listing, I'm guessing Hilton Houston Post Oak or Hotel Derek for the PRICELINE Express Deal. Sonesta has an 8.1 rating so while it matches on amenities it would be highly unlikely unless something has changed quite recently.

In terms of the HOTWIRE listing, I think there may be more amenities than you have posted above. If you search for your date/s via BiddingHelper.com and then click "Hotwire Easy View", do you see additional amenities beyond the amenities listed above? If so, please provide the full list and we would be happy to take a look and try to ID.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thankyou.

The full list for the Hotwire express deal is

Fitness Centre

Business centre

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible bedroom

Pool (s)

Internet Access

Accessible path of travel

Handicapped parking

Restaurant (s)

Accessible for the blind

In-room access

Roll-in shower

• 11 months later...

Thank you for closing this thread with your decision.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with whatever you end up doing for the stay, even if you choose to book direct, cancel your trip, etc.

When PRICELINE / HOTWIRE don't work for your needs, please use our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thank you.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]