Priceline Hotel: 4* New York City (Midtown West) Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel

durant durant
By durant durant,
in

I'm looking for a room in Central Park South, Midtown East, or Midtown West around $150. Would like something around 4* or higher. I've had luck in the past in this price range in this area, but it seems like I'm way off this time based on the standard rates I am seeing for rooms in these areas. Have prices gone up quite a bit in the last year or so? Or maybe I'm just trying to book the trip too late?

Do you have any advice or recommendations? I'm not totally locked in on these zones. I basically just want to score a nice hotel in a pretty good location somewhere in Manhattan (duh, right? :) ) Any advice or bidding strategy recommendations would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Rates are up a bit year-over-year, but the bigger issue here is likely that you're traveling during peak season for NYC.

At current rates you're likely looking in the $190-$210 area for a 4* hotel... if you're willing to drop down to 3.5* you might find something in the $150-$170 area.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see another nice win for this property during this expensive time of year in NYC.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

SDmamma,

Please use your current Priceline New York City thread for any help with, or to report a win for, your own stay.

Have you considered SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID (in your reply to your thread please mention whether this is an option or not, as well as include recently failed bids history since you haven't posted to or updated your previous thread in nearly a month.

Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]