Priceline Hotel: 4* New York City (Midtown West) Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel

gr8aunt
By gr8aunt,
in

Saw a 4 star hotel listed for $161 on Priceline Express Deals for Midtown West with a guest rating of 8. Also shows that it's a guest favorite.

Free internet

Pets

Restaurant

Business

Fitness

Also, Hotwire shows a Midtown Central Hotel for $162...90% recommended

Pets

Business

Fitness

Restaurant

Free internet

Smoke free

Dates are from 11/12 to 11/14

Can you help ID this hotel?

For the PRICELINE EXPRESS MTW property both the Algonquin and the Sheraton New York have been seen with this amenity set so either of these would be my best guess, although i'll also point out that these amenities are very common for a 4* hotel so it could also potentially be something else.

For the HOTWIRE property, my best guess here would be the Sheraton.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I've been bidding on 4 star properties but no luck yet. Still hoping to ID other hotels.

Now there's a 3 star for $145 on PRICELINE EXPRESS in Empire State Building area that only shows fitness center. Rated 8 out of 10.

On Hotwire in Midtown Central there's a 3 star for $155 that's 85% recommended.

Free internet

pool(s)

internet access

fitness center

restaurant(s)

Can you ID these?

Star level 4 up to $150...I know that's low, but I'm hoping to get a great deal. There's still lots of time and if I don't win a PRICELINE bid I'll go with something on HOTWIRE or PRICELINE EXPRESS. I've gotten surprisingly great deals using your bidding suggestions in the past so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for NYC. Will try bidding again tonight....I have the luxury of being flexible with my dates (ie 11/11-11/13 or even two nights beginning either 11/4 or 11/5) so wish me luck!

Have you already bid as high as $150? Which zones have you included?

We have seen quite a few wins lately at the Sheraton New York in the $150-$155 area which for this time of year is an excellent deal, imo (and appears to be available for your dates of 11/11-11/13 given the PRICELINE EXPRESS offer). This is an 'outlier' property in the sense that rates are somewhat lower than most other comparable hotels and i would tend to think that the greater risk is that this hotel disappears entirely and you would then need to pay more (rather than you purchasing and seeing rates move much lower). While nobody can say if rates will go even lower in the next 10 days, if you do want a 4* hotel i wouldn't hold out for an extra $2 or $3 per nite savings and i would try to target this property as it is a very nice deal for this time of year.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Bid again last night using the 2 free zones. Didn't have luck trying for the 11/12 check-in date so I changed it to 11/11 - 11/13 and got the Sheraton Times Square for $147. Very, very pleased with location, property and price! Thanks for all your help...what would we do without Better Bidding!

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you were able to get this same deal which, as i mentioned above, is a great price for this time of year.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Have a gr8stay. ;)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]