Priceline Hotel: 4* Dallas (Airport DFW North) Hyatt Regency DFW

Reina
By Reina,
in

I'm going to bid for a hotel in the DFW area.

I want the same hotel for 2 rooms, but will need one room for only 1 night and the other room for 3 nights.

What should my strategy be? Bid for the 3 nights room and once I win that then bid the winning amount and stars and area for the 1 night? I should get the same hotel, right?

Thanks for any ideas!

I'm going to bid for a hotel in the DFW area.

I want the same hotel for 2 rooms, but will need one room for only 1 night and the other room for 3 nights.

What should my strategy be? Bid for the 3 nights room and once I win that then bid the winning amount and stars and area for the 1 night? I should get the same hotel, right?

Thanks for any ideas!

Please provide the exact date/s of travel (we'll use this thread for the three night period, please start a new thread for the one night.

What zone/s would be acceptable and what would be your desired star rating/budget?

If you bid for three nights and then bid for one, you may not get the same hotel.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

This needs to be done in two separate purchases so you have two choices:

1) purchase one room for 1 nite and then one room for 3 nites, but there is no assurance you will receive the same hotel for both purchases

2) purchase two rooms for 1 nites and then one room for 2 nites, this ensures the same hotel when purchasing the two rooms for one nite, but the person staying longer may have to change hotels after the first nite as there is no way to ensure the same hotel on the second purchase

You should also consider using HOTWIRE for this purchase since you can match up the amenities on the second purchase to 'confirm' (as best as possible) that it is the same hotel as your first purchase, but there is no guarantee that the same hotel will appear when trying to make the second purchase. You can increase the chance of the same hotel appearing by first searching each of the date ranges above (for whichever option you think is best for your plans) for 2 ROOMS as this will help minimize the chance that when you complete the first purchase that you consumed the last available room and that a different hotel will appear on the subsequent search. If you're seeing the same hotel when searching each set of dates for 2 ROOMS, then change to the actual dates/rooms that you want and proceed with your purchase.

Hopefully you followed my comments above, but if not either ask questions and/or let us know which option above you think it better for your needs and we'll try to do the suggested searches and present them to you with actual details from the search.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

$126.00 - 2 rooms at $63

$27.38 - taxes and fees

$153.38 - total

Ok - got the first night, 2 rooms. Started cheap and increased by $1 with free re-bid zones until I won at $63. I was bidding for a 3.5*.

We are traveling with my mother who will go on to see friends while my husband & I stay on a couple nights. We decided it was more important to all be in the same hotel the first night (a Thursday) and it was ok to move hotels if we needed to for the weekend. I then bid on Priceline for a 3.5* in the DFW North for 11/15-11/17 and started at $56 and won the 4* Embassy Suites right off.

Thanks for your ideas and help!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]