Priceline Hotel: 4* New York City (Midtown West) Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel

venom
By venom,
in

Hi all.

Heading into NYC for the first time every to sale out of Pier 88 (711 12th Avenue) on the Norwegian Breakaway on November 24th.

So we fly into NY and are looking for a decent hotel (I have no clue what star rating to start with) to stay for 1 night precruise on November 23 for 3 people (2 adults, 1 15 year old).

Another cruiser suggested the Comfort Inn Midtown West since it's only 2 blocks walk to the pier. Room is $219 but doesn't have accommodations for 3 that night.

The Comfort Inn is in the Hells Kitchen area and looks to be the closest area, but MW, ME and TS also look like they'd work as well albeit maybe with a short cab-ride?

Can you provide suggestions as to hotel suggestions and bidding areas Please?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please click each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links, then reply to this thread and we'll have a look at your post above.

Also, what airport do you fly into and what time does your plane arrive? Will you have time to explore the city or do you get in late and will mostly just have time for dinner and then embark the following morning?

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Done. We are going to be changing flight to Newark or LaGuardia to arrive on 11/23. Hoping to arrive by mid to late evening. We were hoping to possibly walk to a popular restaurant for dinner but that's about it. Closer hotel to pier will avoid us having to pay cab/taxi to get there on Sunday AM. TS and MTE don't look to far but if ends up not being walkable the cab fare shouldn't be too expensive right?

A taxi from most locations in midtown should be $15 or less.

When searching HOTWIRE for 2adults/1child there is a 2.5* hotel in the MSG-Hell's Kitchen zone for $149/nite (Complimentary Breakfast, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet)... my guess was the Holiday Inn Express New York - Manhattan West Side or the Best Western Convention Center but further research has be doubt these a bit and it may very likely be some other property. I mention this one as it doesn't sound like your needs for this trip would be very much and with the free breakfast included this may just fit the bill.

Some other options in the sub-$200 area include what appears to be the Radisson Hotel Martinique on Broadway for $178/nite or the Hilton New York for $200/nite.

Do any of the above work for your needs this trip?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the suggestions. Can I have your advice on these?

1) HOTWIRE has the Sheraton for 199.00 (not sure how good a deal this is orhow nice the hotel is but shows as a 3 star?

2) PRICELINE shows EXPRESS DEAL Hells Kitchen 2.5* for 175 Free Breakfast, Internet and Business Center. I wonder if this might be the Comfort Inn which is only 2 blocks away and is new? If it isn't well who knows?

3) PRICELINE EXPRESS DEAL MTW 4* for 139? Free internet, Pets allowed, Restaurant, Business Center, and Fitness Center. Have any idea what hotel this is? Says guest rating is 8.0 / I searched priceline regular section based on guest rating, star rating and amenities but can't ID perfect match? This might be a good deal though right?

Let's backtrack a moment...

All PRICELINE reservations are only for double occupancy, so with options #2 and #3 above you run into the occupancy issue since you'll actually be three people. You can call the hotel you win and request a room with two beds, the hotel may not be able, or willing, to honor your request (or there could be an additional charge). With space at a premium there are a higher percentage of rooms in NYC that are smaller than usual and/or only have one bed in the room (at some hotels rooms with two beds are considered an upgrade) so booking for double occupancy in NYC, when you'll actually be triple occupancy, is considered a higher risk (vs. someplace such as Olrando which is used to accommodating families and therefore have a high percentage of rooms to accommodate their 'typical' guest)

What is your goal for this one nite stay... are you looking for the least expensive hotel that will suit your needs OR are you willing to pay more for something that is nicer than your minimum requirement(s)? What is your target budget?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Gotcha. I don't mind paying a little more for a nicer room/area but was trying to limit the budget to around 225 with taxes or so. I was hoping that if I got a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal as you mentioned that I could call hotel and request a cot or similar for my son to sleep on.

What do you think of the MW Express Deal for 139? Can you ID or think this might be too risky of a deal?

The Algonquin or the Sheraton New York would be my best guess for the MTW PRICELINE EXPRESS property.

This would be a very good deal for these dates, but you have not know your temperament how you will handle things should they go wrong and you're not able to get space for a third guest or if there is an additional fee for doing so. The Sheraton is a large hotel so hopefully they would be able/willing to accommodate your needs... the Algonquin is a bit smaller and boutique-y and it may be more of a challenge there (just as a guess).

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Congratulations on your success!

A very nice deal for this time of year! If you haven't done so already, i would call the hotel to request a room with two beds... if they tell you that they can't make any changes and the room will be assigned at check-in, at least ask them to note your request on the reservation.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Enjoy your stay and have a great cruise.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]