Hotwire Hotel: 4* Chicago (Downtown - Millennium Park - Grant Park) Swissotel Chicago

travelgirl101
By travelgirl101,
in

Nobody can say if rates will come down, or move higher, between now and your stay. If you're happy with current rates, and especially if you believe you have identified a specific hotel on HOTWIRE that you would like to stay in, then it can pay to take the deal since that deal can disappear at any time (leaving you with a selection of hotels that you may not like as much). However, you also need to know your own personality... what would be more upsetting, booking now and then seeing the price go down vs. not booking now and then seeing the deal(s) you wanted no longer offered? :unsure:

What rates are you currently seeing? Is there a specific hotel you're hoping to stay in?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I would also keep in mind that there is going to be an approximate "floor" for prices where they are not going to go down much further. In other words, if prices are very low traditionally I think it becomes a matter of risking waiting for a little more downside while risking prices possibly going up and/or something promising going away and being replaced by a less appealing listing.

What would be your desired budget per night for this stay and are you looking for something particular (style, etc?) in terms of hotel?

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thank you for the feedback above! I don't have any particular hotels in mind. Just something in the Loop/Mag Mile/Theatre district would be good. I saw prices in the low hundred range and that would be good. My last visit I enjoyed the Hyatt on the river.

Since my last post, I realized my trip might not happen due to having attend a wedding that weekend. Now it all depends on if I can change from flight dates without paying an arm and a leg....but that is a whole other issue. ;)

Well it looks like my trip is back on. It's not worth the $400 in flight change fees.

I am looking at a 4* Downtown Chicago - Millennium Park - Grant Park area on Hotwire for $136 a night. 95% of people like it.

Amenities are:

Indoor pool(s),Fitness CenterPool(s),Restaurant(s),Business Center,Internet access,Tennis Nearby,Spa Services,Accessible for the blind,Accessible for the deafAccessible path of travel,In-room accessibility,Accessible bathroom,Roll-in shower

Any idea on what property this is?

Congratulations on your success!

Nice to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and that you're pleased with the result.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I booked the Swissotel for $136 a night. It was advertised elsewhere for $200 a night so I consider it a good deal! Thank you :)

I'd recommend Wildberry right nearby on 130 E Randolph if you are looking for a breakfast spot very close by your hotel. Mariano's grocery on 330 E Benton (sort of behind the Swiss and over a bit) is a great spot for snacks/drinks to take back to the hotel or during the day.

Let us know if you have any city questions/need recommendations.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]