Priceline Hotel: 4* New York City (Midtown West) Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel

wmo73
By wmo73,
in

You should be able to win something in one of the zones above in the $180-$200 area, but i'll also point out that HOTWIRE has:

4* MSG for $142/nite (guess is the New Yorker Ramada Plaza)

4* ESB for $186/nite (guess would be the St. Giles The Court)

Are either of this acceptable? If so, should we can lower your maximum bid and/or include the MSG and/or ESB zones in your bidding?

Let us know your thoughts and confirm your acceptable zones and maximum bid and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm confused as to which zones are acceptable to you for this stay, can you please list the acceptable zones in a reply to this thread, along with your maximum bid, and we will suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Max bid 200 per night.

The 4* ESB property is now $178 and the 4* ESB property is now $188/nite... should we lower your maximum bid to one of these amounts so that you don't pay more than what is available on HOTWIRE, assuming either of these are acceptable?

Please confirm and we'll suggest a strategy to follow.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

HOTWIRE currently has a 4* hotel in the MSG zone for $141/nite which i'm guessing to be the Ramada Plaza, so i will lower your maximum bid to $140 since you're bidding the MSG zone and it would appear that this hotel would be an option as well (if not we'll revise accordingly)...

When bidding 4* in NYC you have TWO re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* MSG and MTE...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* MTW and TS...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* MSG and MTW...

Bid $113, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $118, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* MTE and TS...

Bid $113, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $118, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* MSG and TS...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $123, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* MTE and MTW...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $123, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* MSG, MTE, MTW...

Bid $128, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $133, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* MSG, MTE, TS...

Bid $128, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $133, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* MSG, MTE, MTW, TS...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $138, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

I did all the way to $144 and did not win, seems the property went up I got a counter offer $169.

I think I need to go up a bit more but I have to wait 72hrs now. I think I'll give a try to Priceline bidding increasing the bids up to $175/night because

Hotwire has one property 4* Midtown for $161/nite any guess of what hotel might be? With taxes etc comes to close to 200/night or so.

If you have a suggestion I gladly accept it, should I try priceline again but starting at 140 and see if I get a hotel for less than 161 or go with Hotwire?

Thanks for this awesome site.

Keep in mind that the price actually required is likely less than the counter-offer and MAY be much closer to your last failed bid. You have to wait 24 hours after a failed bid. I would give PRICELINE another try.

If you would like assistance with the HOTWIRE listing, please provide the full list of amenities showing with the listing and we would be happy to take a look and try to ID the listing.

You can also find the complete list of HOTWIRE hotels reported to the board here: Hotwire Hotel List New York

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread. If/when you purchase a hotel use the EDIT TO REPORT WIN button on the lower right corner of this page and the entire thread will be moved (if necessary) to the correct section of the board.

Best guess for the HOTWIRE property above would be the Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel.

For PRICELINE, are still bidding for a 4* in MSG, MTE, MTW, or TS?

Let us know your new maximum bid and we will revise the previous strategy for your new maximum bid.

Thereuare,

Yes, still bidding for a 4* in MSG, MTE, MTW, or TS. Please revise the previous strategy, thanks. Max bid $175/nite.

My new maximum bid is $175/nite because with taxes comes close to the property listed in Hotwire. I got a counter when I was bidding $130 MTE/MTW but I did not take it. It was $169 the counter.

Thanks

You can re-try:

Select 4* MSG and MTE...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $143, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE..

Select 4* MTW and TS...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $143, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE..

Select 4* MSG and MTW...

Bid $148, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $153, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE..

Select 4* MTE and TS...

Bid $148, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $153, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE..

Select 4* MSG and TS...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $158, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE..

Select 4* MTE and MTW...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $158, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE..

Select 4* MSG, MTE, MTW...

Bid $163, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $168, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE..

Select 4* MSG, MTE, TS...

Bid $163, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $168, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE..

Select 4* MSG, MTE, MTW, TS...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $173, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $175

Any questions feel free to ask.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see this win came somewhat east for you and that you're pleased with the results. Quite a few users in the last few days have been getting great rates at this property considering it is a very expensive time of year in NYC.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]