Hotwire Hotel: Assistance with 4.5* Water Tower Area

ldhock
By ldhock,
in

I think there may be more amenities associated with this listing - if you search via BiddingHelper.com for your date/s, then click "Hotwire Easy View", do you see more amenities then listed above? If so, please provide the full set of listings and we would be happy to take a look and try to ID.

If both don't appear in the BiddingHelper.com you need to do the following to see the complete set of amenities:

1) click the offer from the search results

2) click BOOK NOW on the next page

3) look in the TRIP SUMMARY box and click the 'See more' link at the end of the amenities shown

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Here are the amenities I find when I go through BiddingHelper.com.com for a 4.5* Water Tower, now showing a price of $94

Magnificent Mile North - Water Tower

•Pet friendly•Indoor pool(s)•Smoke Free Rooms•Fitness Center•Pool(s)•Restaurant(s)•Business Center•Internet access•Accessible path of travel•In-room accessibility•Accessible bathroom•Roll-in shower

I also now see a 4.5* in River North for $74. Can you help with that as well?

Magnificent Mile Area - River North

•Pet friendly•Indoor pool(s)•Smoke Free Rooms•Fitness Center•Pool(s)•Restaurant(s)•Business Center•Internet access•Accessible for the blind•Accessible for the deaf•Accessible path of travel•In-room accessibility•Accessible bathroom•Handicapped parking•Roll-in shower

Thank you.

Best guess for the Water Tower property would be the Omni Chicago.. for the River North property my guess would be the InterContinental Chicago.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Appreciate the insight. I always prefer a little more room to stretch out, but we have good memories of a stay at the Intercontential many years ago. We'll see what hubby has to say.

Rates are reasonable (as Chicago goes) for these date/s - there are a lot of options in and around this price range and a tad above, even regular rate. Expedia has the Dana (which is a nice property in the River North area) for $97 or the MileNorth (which was the Affinia) for $96. The Dana's in a really nice location in RN near a ton of restaurants. Or there are some good options on HOTWIRE.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE, Expedia or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I have one more of interest. This is a 4* in River North now showing for $70. It's recommendation percentage is only 75% which makes me a little uncomfortabel. By the way, I really like your BiddingHelper.com.

Magnificent Mile Area - River North

•Free Internet•Boutique Hotel•Smoke Free Rooms•Fitness Center•Restaurant(s)•Business Center•Internet access•Accessible for the blind•Accessible for the deaf•Accessible path of travel•In-room accessibility•Wheelchair accessible•Accessible bathroom•Roll-in shower

The Felix is in a very nice location but was a budget property that was given a renovation. It gets mixed reviews, but I think a main issue is really the small rooms - my guess is that the property was given a substantial renovation but they didn't expand the size of the rooms from the original budget property.

There's a lot of options around this price range, I'd definitely steer away from anything with a mixed review %, given that there are nicer options for not much more (or similar - potential Intercontinental for $73.)

Are you looking for something in particular in terms of hotel?

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

• 1 month later...

We moved shortly after I posted this and our plans got put on hold. I was just about to go for what I thought was the Intercontinental a couple days ago. The price had gone up to $84. Got an email from Orbitz regarding 20% off selected hotels and The Amalfi was one of the offerings. It sounded very interesting so we decided to give it a try. Got it for $94.

Thanks again for all of your help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]