Hotwire Hotel: 4* San Francisco (Embarcadero Area) Hilton Financial District

cardshawaii
By cardshawaii,
in

I've been trying to book a room at the Hyatt Regency Embarcadero for 12/26-31. We've used the PRICELINE link through Betterbidding.com the past three years for a 4* hotel in Embarcadero for during the holidays and were always able to get it for about $90 per night. However, I've been trying for a couple of weeks and even bids of $109 haven't been accepted. Hotwire has a 4* in Embarcadero for $140. Do you have any ideas or suggestions? Thank you!

Welcome (officially) to BetterBidding!

We've used the PRICELINE link through Betterbidding.com the past three years...
Than you for using the links on the board for your previous purchases... it would be appreciated if you also started to share your wins so that the information can help others, just as you have benefited from those who have posted before you.
I've been trying to book a room at the Hyatt Regency Embarcadero for 12/26-31.
A reminder that you can't/aren't bidding on a specific hotel, you need to be willing to accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) that you choose.

Rates for your dates are not that high at the moment, but i current think you're likely looking at $100-$120 for a 4* hotel in this zone. Is this the only zone that is acceptable, as i do think you can win for a bit less if you include other nearby zones such as USE, USW, and/or Fisherman's Wharf.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed (wait it out and hope for lower prices, increase your maximum bid a bit more, include other zones, lower your star rating) and we'll advise accordingly.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you very much for your reply. I will post my wins from now on.

I had forgotten the technique of putting USE and USW in as trying to get a 4* in the financial district. The Union Square hotels are usually a lot more expensive so this has worked in the past. Thank you for the reminder! I'll post if/when it works.

I wasn't suggesting you use those other zones as re-bid zones... i think those other zones may be less expensive fro your dates and you might want to consider them if they work for your needs this trip.

If you do not want to stay in USE or USW then i would NOT include these in your bidding.

If you let us know which zones are acceptable, and your maximum bid, we will suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

When bidding 4* in San Francisco you have SIX re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Financial-Embarcadero...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $103, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $108, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110

Start with the above, if that is rejected we'll revise to try again in 24 hours up to your $120 limit. Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know ho it goes.

If you're willing to pay $10/nite more PRICELINE EXPRESS has a 4* hotel in this zone (Pets Allowed, Business Center, Fitness Center) for $126/nite, but using the discount code linked in my signature gives an extra 5% OFF, bringing this down to $120/nite which is just a bit higher than you're currently bidding.

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know if we can be of further help along the way.

There is no way to know if this would be the same hotel that you would receive if you were successful bidding as each side of their service uses a different universe of hotels... some hotels may participate in one side of their service but not the other. We have seen some PRICELINE EXPRESS properties won which have never been reported to the board thru the bidding side of PRICELINE.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

On the booking page in the middle of the page is a section SUMMARY OF CHARGES. Within this area look at the TOTAL PRICE line and look all the way to the right, there is a link to 'Apply Coupon'.

Is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option?

If so, searching PRICELINE EXPRESS i'm seeing:

12/26-12/30 a 4* for $111/nite

12/30-12/31 a 4* for $186/nite (but clicking this offer a message appears that the rate has dropped to $120/nite)

Even if the rate is for the last nite has not dropped:

$111 x 4nites + $186 x 1 nite = $126 average per nite

LESS 5% discount = $119.70/nite

Both property are showing the same amenity set:

Pets Allowed

Business Center

Fitness Center

... so it's possible that they are the same hotel, but with only three amenities showing it could be a different hotel, and you would therefore have to at least be open to the possibility of changing hotels the last nite of your stay.

Your thoughts?

Wow, what a great idea! Thank you. Actually, I went onto HOTWIRE last night (thru this site) and booked a 4* and got the Hilton Financial District for $110 through 12/30 and then $135 for the night of the 12/30. We would have preferred the Hyatt, where we've stayed in the past but we're okay with the Hilton. Are you familiar with this property?

I will refer back to this thread in the future though and use your idea.

We wouldn't have wanted to change hotels with a three year old too.

Thank you again for all of your help!

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see were able to piece this together within your budget and able to get the same hotel within the zone you wanted.

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Thank you for sharing your results and using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]