Priceline Hotel: 4* Portland (Downtown) Westin

cookofthehouse
By cookofthehouse,
in

I love this site. I love everyone here. I love the hotel gods that have smiled on me today. :)

I was getting a bit desperate. My friends had booked The Westin during a sale for $119/night. They called and said hey we found a good price for our long weekend, we're staying here. I thought, $120 a night is no bargain. I'm in Spokane and have never really visited Portland. I'll find something better.

Unh-uh. I looked and I searched and I scrounged. I've been on so many hotel sites, and travel agency type sites searching for a deal. I thought I was screwed.

Finally, today, 3 weeks out. I found someone here made mention of how you can rebid and rebid for 4*'s in Portland, since Downtown is the only area to have them. My eyes opened wide, I leaned forward... oh reh-heh-heally?

I tried it. $75, $80, $85, $90 - BINGO! As I scrolled down, I couldn't believe it. I got the Westin. We're going to be in the same hotel - and they'll never be the wiser! :)

Thanks again for all the help here. It made all the difference. :o

Glad the site was able to help... and thank you for your support!! :)

Sounds like this worked out perfectly for you, the only hard part now will be biting your tongue as the rest of the group continues to talk about their great $119 deal. :)

For anyone else following along, zones eligible for re-bids do change as hotels are added, removed, upgraded, downgraded, etc... if you want to learn about re-bidding you can do so here: PRICELINE RE-BIDDING EXPLAINED and we encourage users to ask questions and/or confirm their re-bid zones if they're unsure.

Thanks for the post and enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]