Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (North Michigan Ave - River North) Millennium Knickerbocker Hotel Chicago

marla6
By marla6,
in

I was hoping for something a bit more south, but this should work for a quick weekend getaway, seeing that it will be a last-minute trip on marathon weekend!

I don't NEED a hotel, so I low-balled it & if I got rejected after my free rebids I was perfectly happy just couch surfing.

Started with the Loop at $85, then added NMA at $88 and was accepted. With taxes, total is $109.97. Best rate on hotel site is $159 ($185 w/tax) so still happy with saving some $$, especially considering some of the prices closer Grant Park/Museum Campus for the weekend.

Never stayed at this, any tips/tricks?

(Used the PRICELINE links! As always, thanks for the help!!)

(D'oh!! JUST NOW realized I could have upped my bid in the Loop and done NMA as a totally separate bid!! I should know better by now. Oh well :) )

This was quite a pleasant stay. I got a room on the 9th floor with a partial view of Oak Street beach. It was clean, mostly quiet (construction work noise started about 9am), and everyone was quite pleasant. Though I didn't have a car, my friend did, and the hotel's only option was $64/day valet parking. We opted for a lot just west of Michigan, on Walton, that only charged us $14/day. As a bonus, the hotel is only a short walk away from the Original Pancake House! Yum!! Though the area is a little TOO pricey/trendy for me (I mean, let's be honest, I'm not going to shop at Louis Vuitton) the hotel was great. Would stay there again.

Glad to hear that you had a nice stay at this property and were able to get a room with a view. This property has a very neat history (was one of Capone's hideouts and was the Playboy Club for a while in the '70's), but was one of the lesser 4*'s in the NMA area until it was given a major upgrade where parts of the hotel were closed 2-3 years ago. Good to hear that you had a good time in Chicago and were able to have breakfast at Original, as well. Thanks for the follow-up review! :)

• 3 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]