Priceline Hotel: 3* Chicago Suburbs (Elmhurst) Springhill Suites by Marriott Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area

rachael_9667
By rachael_9667,
in

I hate that there isn't a way to designate the wins either here or on the hotel list as Priceline Express/Hotwire hot Deal but at any rate, this was a Priceline Express deal and I began my search by clicking the link here. At first, there were only a few hotels that showed up so I tried bidding for $40-$43 for a 3 star+ in the Oak Brook area (by the way, Oak Brook is two words - it's only one word when you're talking about neighboring Oakbrook Terrace). Those bids were of course not accepted but when I clicked the tab to try for a PRICELINE EXPRESS Deal, suddenly there was another option that fit the bill, it was a $58/night 3 star hotel that said it was 45% off and a guest favorite. I deduced that it was likely Springhill just based on the limited options for 3 star in that area. Very happy since I'll be traveling with kids and even though I used to live there, I've never been to this particular hotel. Looks nice in the pictures and reviews!

Not sure if it was a coincidence that that hotel popped up after the bidding that I did or if that is what made it show up but I was pleased to see it, regardless. :)

I hate that there isn't a way to designate the wins either here or on the hotel list as Priceline Express/Hotwire hot Deal...
When posting a hotel win there IS a designation in the form between PRICELINE and HOTWIRE, as well there is a separate Hotel List for each. We will include PRICELINE EXPRESS as a separate entity in a future upgrade of the board.

So that we can have the full details of this purchase, can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities that PRICELINE EXPRESS associated with this property? Also, can you please confirm that this is the Springhill Suites at 410 West Lake Street and is located in PRICELINE's "Elmhurst" zone?

Glad to see you're happy with the results.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Oh, I know there is a way to designate HOTWIRE or PRICELINE bidding when reporting a win, I was speaking specifically to the PRICELINE EXPRESS and Hotwire hot Deals wins since we've seen that rarely are the same hotels in both groups.

I don't recall now what amenities were listed except for sure breakfast & pool. It is the Lake Street one and it was listed in the Elmhurst zone for sure because I narrowed the search results down by clicking the box next to only the Elmhurst zone. HTH

Oh, I know there is a way to designate HOTWIRE or PRICELINE bidding when reporting a win, I was speaking specifically to the PRICELINE EXPRESS and Hotwire hot Deals wins since we've seen that rarely are the same hotels in both groups.

I don't know what you're referring to above, but if you have a suggestion on a better format for the board feel free to send it to me via PM... many of the tools on the board are a direct result of user suggestions.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]