ABQ Albuquerque Fullsize Hertz

dddhotelll
By dddhotelll,
in

I've never used this company for car rental before but priceline is offering a good deal (sounds to me) with this company.

mid-size SUV 10/16-20 at ABQ for $33 a day or $191 total. Is it a good deal? Hotwire offers the same car type for $275.92.

Also when I was bidding, I bid for $20 a day for full-size SUV and the next screen showed that "bidding on hold" because they cannot find this car type offered and told me that my credit car has not been charged. What does this mean? Does it mean that they accept my bidding price and will let me know when this car type become available?

As always, used the PRICELINE link here and thank you for your great advice!

It seems to me that the message above is new wording for a 'rejected bid'.

Payless is a legitimate company. They are 'second tier' in the sense that not one of the major car rental brands... but depending upon your needs for this trip should determine if it's the right company for this rental.

Service levels at a second tier company may not be as 'deep'... there may be a bit of extra pressure at pick-up to take their insurance and/or gas options, and for me the bigger issue is should you have some type of mechanical issue while on the road one of the first tier companies have deeper resources to take care of the issue. For example, if you're driving far from the original pick-up location and have car trouble, Payless (or any other second tier company) may not have another office nearby where you can swap the car (or pick-up a new one should the current vehicle need to be towed) whereas the one of the first tier player likely have another rental location not too far away.

So if you're not driving too far away from the airport location where you pick up the vehicle, this may be a less expensive option... but if you're driving for hours away from the rental location upon pick-up you have to decide just how much you could handle any vehicle issues that would arise.

As well, consider how much of a savings it is... if a small amount i would sooner go with one of the major players, if a significant amount i'd be more inclined to go with a second tier company and assume that all goes smoothly (as it usually does... it's just i always consider the 'what if' scenarios).

That's my .02 ;)

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I posted a topic yesterday asking if payless is a reliable company as they offered me a mid-size SUV for $33 a day. Many thanks to the reply of thereuare. Although I said in the reply to that post that I will go with the offer, the second tier thing still makes me a bit uneasy. So I decided that today I will try 3 bids and that's all, third bid accepted! Hooray!

Your Offer Price: $26.00 (per day)

Total Rental Days: 4 days(4 days and 30 mins)

Subtotal: $104.00

Taxes and Fees: $59.84

Total Charges: $163.84

Lowest Published Price: $289.12 (USD)

Total Savings:* $125.28 (USD) (You saved 43%)

As always, I used your PRICELINE link and thank you!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SPRINGTRAVEL

(any Hotel, Car, or Flight where Coupon is accepted / max $60 discount... expires 03/24/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]