Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Columbus (Worthington - Polaris - Westerville) Doubletree Hotel Columbus/Worthington

zipzlyder
By zipzlyder,
in

Started bidding at $49 on hotels in this area a few weeks ago for the Oct 4-6 dates. Anything decent on HOTWIRE was outlandishly priced. Found out that the Presidents Cup was taking place in Dublin Oct 3-6, hence the high prices for hotels in the area.

I was bidding Worthington/Polaris 3.5 stars and then adding Easton, Dublin and then Columbus North to get in multiple bids each day. Early on I booked the Best Western Franklin Park Suites/Polaris directly for $89+tax just to make sure I had a room. Worked my way up on PRICELINE to $70 with no luck as of yesterday.

However, I noticed the pricing on HOTWIRE was starting to drop and I figured some rooms might begin to open up today (last minute), so I started at $64 this afternoon -- and wa-la, it was accepted. Maybe I should have started a tad lower, but I'm somewhat happy with what I got - perhaps a little pricey for the Doubletree, but much better than the BW.

Total for two days is $158.42 -- about $40 less than the BW was, do it's a relative bargain. Tivago listed the Doubletree today at $159/night (it didn't show as available on Trivago, Kayak, Hotels or Orbitz for the last week or so).

Just so happens I got this one for $64 a few months back via PRICELINE - you can check that priceline win.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]