Priceline Hotel: 4.5* New York City (Downtown - Financial District) W New York Downtown

Sg13
By Sg13,
in

Hi, need some help in bidding strategy. Budget between 150-200. Would like 4 to 4.5 star in the area of MTE, MTW, MSG, CPS, ESB, TS, and the central area. I might consider DT but feel like its really far from everything else. Also if I wait closer to my date, i.e. 1-2 weeks before, do I have a better chance of a lower price? What will be more successful, 4 or 4.5? Thanks.

Welcome to Betterbidding.

$150-200 unfortunately is not likely going to be enough - based on the rates I'm seeing - for a 4 or 4.5* for these dates. I think you're probably looking at least in the mid-200's for a 4* in Midtown and closer to $300 for a 4.5*.

There is no guarantee that rates will come down closer to your date/s - they can also certainly stay the same or go higher.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Just a quick update. I have been using your link to bid on 4-4.5* from 150-200. I know you stated that it might be too low but I do have a back up that is cancelable and looking at express deals, there are some that are coming up in 250 range. If worse case I can book a express deal closer to my dates. I have been using the strategies in some of the other feed backs. Thanks and will let you know if anything books.

Keep in mind that your back-up property is in a different zone then you have been bidding, but more importantly, the Tribeca Blu is only 2* rated by PRICELINE, so not really an apples-to-apples comparison to what you have been bidding.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Keep us updated on your progress.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yikes did not know that it was a 2 rating. My friend booked that hotel. We will look for another back up. Also we are pretty open to all area except maybe DT and UES due to subway accessibility. Prefer central but open to most areas.

I am doing two separates bids, one for 4 and another for 4.5. The range has been from 140 to 203.

203 for 4.5

185 for 4

But as I closer to the date I might raise the bid bc I'd rather spend 250 on 4, 4.5 and not on lower stars. Is there anything going on in NY that weekend besides Columbus?

Oh and I won't be worried about winning a bid until I get to 2-3 days before my trip. Thanks for all the input.

There is nothing specifically that i'm aware of that is happening, but there is always something taking place in the city, and this is historically a busy time of year in NYC and we have seen quite a few board members looking for these dates.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Keep us updated on your progress.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi there,

Looking to go to New York for the same dates and first time bidder but have not been successful with my strategy. Are my bids realistic for what I am looking for?

Hoping for a 4* win:

Bid 1: CPS, Chelsea, ESB, HS, MSG, MTE, MTW and TS - $205

Re-Bid 2: CPS, Chelsea, ESB, HS, MSG, MTE, MTW, TS, + Long Island - $210

Re-Bid 3: CPS, Chelsea, ESB, HS, MSG, MTE, MTW, TS, + Long Island + Morningside - $220

Thanks.

KW27,

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please start a NEW TOPIC for your own trip and we will assist you there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too! (please click each of these previous links before posting)

Thanks.

This is 4* rated, correct:

Free Internet

Pets Allowed

Restaurant

Business Center

Fitness Center

The Sheraton Tribeca New York Hotel would be my best guess for this one.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Thank you so much for all your help and for this forum! I am so excited!

So I went over my original budget of 200 but for a 4.5 and for W, I am extremely pleased.

Bid up to 220 and was countered back at 288 then I knew I was getting close. Bid up to 250 at 5 increments.

Won thru your PRICELINE link.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]