Priceline Hotel: Help!! - Need a NYC hotel close to Times Square

Kizzim
By Kizzim,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Unfortunately at the moment your budget is not likely enough for a 4* hotel in most NYC zones, let along Times Square which is often one of the most expensive.

You may be able to get a 4* hotel in the Upper West Side zone for $200 or a little more, but in any midtown zone you're likely looking at the $250-$275 area, and for Times Square closer to $300.

A 3.5* in midtown would likely cost you $200-$225 and you would need to drop down to 3* to be successful at under $200.

We can try whatever you'd like, but are you able/willing to include other zones, interested in raising your budget, lower your star rating, etc?

Let us know your thoughts and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I am willing to increase my budget a little bit.

Do you know what the cheapest hotel i can get in Times Square would be? (i'm not very familiar with the other areas in NYC), but I would like to be as close to TS as possible, as i will be taking my 10 year old little cousin sight-seeing (day and night)

I MIGHT be willing to go down to a 3 1/2 star hotel, but nothing lower than that perferably.

thanks,

This was not available when i looked just an hour ago, but PRICELINE EXPRESS currently has a 4* hotel for $232/nite with:

Free Internet

Pets Allowed

Restaurant

Business Center

Using the PRICELINE EXPRESS link in my signature and code FALL5 for an extra 5% off bringing this down to $220/nite.

I dont' think it's going to get much better than this and i would take this if your budget will allow and this is the only zone you really want.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks so much for your help!

Though, i am still kinda a newbie with this, and I don't see where you found the hotel for $232/night on the Priceline Express site....?

i'm so sorry to be a bother, but if possible, can you please list the steps you took to find this hotel.

Is it located in the Times Square/ Theatre District?

Thanks again,

Unfortunately, I'm not seeing this listing when searching this afternoon - inventory of it may have been bought up already.

Rates are considerably high for these date/s, unfortunately. I think a number of areas are reasonably convenient to TS, including MSG and MTE, although with MTE there are a couple of possibilities at the 4*/3.5* levels that are not as convenient at the far E side of the zone. PRICELINE Express has a 4* in MTE for $288. There's a 4* in the UWS area for about $50 less, but it becomes a matter of whether or not the additional trek would be worth $50 savings.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

...but I would like to be as close to TS as possible, as i will be taking my 10 year old little cousin sight-seeing (day and night)
Keep in mind that you will likely go to an area, explore/sightsee in that area, then head to the next area and repeat, etc, etc. You will not likely be going to Times Square, back to the hotel, Greenwich Village, back to the hotel, Central Park, back to the hotel, etc, etc.. so your actual location within Manhattan is not likely as important as you think (as long as you're relatively centrally located, but no need to stay directly in Times Square, imo)

Unfortunately that TS deal went away quickly... somebody else knew it was a good deal too! ;)

Currently a 4* hotel in Times Square will likely run you close to $300.. a 3* about $250.

Let us know your thought and how you would like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Just wanted to let you know that I just spend 8 days in NY, (first time back since Y2K), and I got a subway pass for a week for $31, that let me go everywhere (and I mean all over) with ease. And I felt safe the entire time. The pass also included the bus, that took me from the subway stop to my hotel and dropped me off at almost the front door. The subway/bus ride took about 30 minutes to times square, but I stayed in a good hotel for $100/night, and went many other places, like my wife's fav. shopping in SOHO. We stayed near the airport, which made my wife nervous, but we never heard the planes while trying to sleep.

Would recommend a tour, low cost and efficient to get to main attractions, e.g. front door service with passes in hand, saves time.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]