Priceline Hotel: In a Soup

West Coast
By West Coast,
in

Me my wife and 2 year old sone wanted to have fun vacation week with the following itinerary

• Fly from Newark to Phoenix. Pick up rental car and drive to Sedona and stay three nights.
  • Drive from Sedona to Grand Canyon National Park and stay overnite.
  • Drive from Grand Canyon National Park to Las Vegas and stay there for 2 nights.
  • Fly back from Las Vegas to Newark.

I have already booked the flights but not hotels. I got a shock when I saw price for one way rental car from PHX to LAS. It is coming up for more than $1000.00

Actually, original plan was to come back to PHX from Grand Canyon. Right before I was to book the flight, wife came up with *brilliant* idea of driving to Vegas instead of PHX because both places were at equal distances from Grand Canyon. So I ended up booking the return flight from LAS to EWR.

I was totally unaware of expensiveness of one way car rentals.

Does anyone have any suggestion other can cancelling my flights.

You could leave your wife and son in LAS, drive that car back to PHX and take a one-way flight from there right back to LAS.

Mileage is usually free on the car so you would only be out the gas. One-way fares look to be between $75 and $100 depending upon date.

The drive is under 5 hours, and a direct flight is just over 1 hour. It would pretty much use up a day, but could be worth it if you or somebody here doesn't come up with a better car rental rate.

Romelle

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please start by reading your messages and clicking each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links... then reply to this thread and we'll have a look at your post above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Your problem is that this is the time of year they want all the cars in Phoenix for our winter visitors. Romelle's plan is going to be your best bet, but the drive is 5-6 hours one way. If you can't get a cheap one way flight try to priceline a round trip and throw the return away.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]