Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* Boston (Back Bay - Copley Square) Hotel Commonwealth

mgenie
By mgenie,
in

I'm visiting boston for 3 days with my wife and we want easy access to the tourist areas by subway/foot. The Saturday seems really expensive.

I've tried bidding 235$/night for 3.5* in Quincy, Beacon Hill, Harbor Front, Back Bay

I also tried 4* for 235$/night in Boston Common, Cambridge East

I avoided 3.5* in Boston Common because I do not want the Boston Park Plaza Hotel And Towers because I'm not impressed with the reviews. I'm willing to go a bit higher (250$ maybe?) but I don't think it will get me anywhere.

When bidding under the Cambridge East zone, Priceline seems to guarantee a guest rating of 8+ for every star level (down to 2*). I have no problem with a lower star rating for a clean property, if I can easily get the subway to downtown and a good night's sleep (for instance the Hampton Inn Boston seems reasonable). It seems like the hotels in this area fit the bill.

So, I was thinking of bidding 2* in Cambridge East. Does this sound reasonable and how should I bid?

Thanks!

I see another 3* in Beacon Hill for the Saturday for 305$. So if I split it that way, it will average out to 247$. So this appears to be the cheapest option.

The Hampton Inn Boston (2*) is about the same price for the 3 days (cancellable rate on priceline). I guess I have to decide whether it's worth changing hotels for the fancier place on sunday/monday.

Thanks for the advice.

Thanks...

I ended up going with hotwire for the last two days. The price went down today, and I paid 188$US/night + fees (Hotel Commonwealth).

The saturday prices keep going up, so I booked the Saturday on Hotwire for 293$ + fees (fees were very high -- 25%), but still cheaper than anywhere else i could find (the 2* properties are gone). I got the Wyndham Boston Beacon Hill.

I will post my wins in the Hotwire section. Excited to stay at the Commonwealth.. hopefully the govt. shutdown will be over by then (coming from Canada).

approximately 457$ total including fees for 2 nights in Back Bay: 10/13/2013 to 10/15/2013

Free Internet

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

Spa Services

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Roll-in shower

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]