Hotwire Hotel: 4* Chicago (Magnificent Mile North - Water Tower) Westin Michigan Avenue Chicago

imoahu
By imoahu,
in

Ugh - i've been stalking Hotwire for the past 10 days, lamenting over my missed opportunity when this listing was $146. Today it is $166 for a 4 star Gold Coast, 90% approval. currently ay $166. From the BB hotel lists and other posts - I am hoping this is the Public.

Amenities:

Free Internet

fitness Center

Accessible for the blind

in room accessibility

handicapped parking

pet friendly

restaurants

golf nearby

acccessible for the deaf

wheelchair accessible

roll in shower

I really hoped this would be the Public, but the HW listing said " last person got the Public" earlier, but last night it said "the last person got the Raffaellio". Which I don't want....How can I tell the difference? What might be the amenity difference with the Raffaellio. And is the price likely to come down?

Here is the exact amenities listed for 10/25-10/28

4-star Hotel in Chicago Gold Coast - Lake Shore Drive

This Hotel features the following amenities:

Free Internet

Pet friendly

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

Golf Nearby

Tennis Nearby

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Wheelchair accessible

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

Any ideas? Thanks!!!!!

The Rafaello has not been reported to the board in quite some time. You can see the different amenity sets that have been reported to the board for each property here: Hotwire Hotel List Illinois.

I'm not seeing it when searching so I can't confirm, but this amenity set you listed above:

Free Internet

Pet friendly

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

Golf Nearby

Tennis Nearby

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Wheelchair accessible

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

...has been seen with the Public.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

How strange - I am just logging in now - dates 10/25 -10/28 and got the " Book soon, the last person got the Raffaello" $170. The amenity list is IDENTICAL to the Public. 90% customer reco. Standard price 248.

Any thoughts on why I can access but you can't? Are there different algorithms by IP # or location of member?

Thanks - here's what came up

$166 - other sites $245

Chicago Gold Coast - Lake Shore Drive

Free InternetPet friendlySmoke Free Rooms

Fitness CenterRestaurant(s)Business CenterHigh-Speed Internet Access

Golf NearbyTennis NearbyAccessible for the blindAccessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travelIn-room accessibilityWheelchair accessibleAccessible bathroom

Handicapped parkingRoll-in shower

This amenity set has previously been seen to be associated with the Public Chicago so that would be my best guess for this one.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Still stalking - looks like the price dropped on 4.5 star Gold Coast!

But not on my 4 star hopeful on the Public! In fact the recommendation dropped from 90% to 85%???!!

Now what is attracting me is 4 star Mag Mile North / Water Tower - 100% recommended $162 (reg $242)

Pet friendlyBoutique HotelSmoke Free Rooms

Fitness CenterRestaurant(s)Business CenterHigh-Speed Internet Access

Golf NearbyAccessible for the blindAccessible for the deafAccessible path of travel

In-room accessibilityAccessible bathroomRoll-in shower

What do you think the Mag Mile listing is?

Thanks again!

Actually the Raffaello is NOT pet friendly and does not offer free internet.

How can they say the last person who booked this got the Raffaello in that case?

The "last person got..." messages are definitely not necessarily the underlying hotel for the listing you are seeing.
As per above, this message is related to the zone and star rating... NOT the hotel and amenity set currently being offered.

Still stalking - looks like the price dropped on 4.5 star Gold Coast!

But not on my 4 star hopeful on the Public!

Are you looking for other hotels or only the Public and/or Raffaello. How much are you willing to spend per nite for a room this trip, as the Public was guessed as one of the hotels above at $166/nite... if this is one of the hotels you're holding out for, it may disappear entirely while you're waiting for the price to drop a few dollars. Current hotel rates at this property for your dates start at $228+ per nite, so this would be nearly $175 savings over a conventionally booked room. How much of a discount do you need to confirm the hotel you're hoping for?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

New format for Hotwire has thrown me off. Copy headlines and shorter amenities... Can you help ID for 10/25-10/28:

Chicago Gold Coast - Lake Shore Drive $131 4 star

Boutique HotelFitness CenterHigh-Speed Internet Access

In-room accessibilityAccessible bathroomRoll-in shower

Magnificent Mile North - Water Tower $130 4 star

Smoke Free RoomsFitness CenterRestaurant(s)

Business CenterHigh-Speed Internet AccessAccessible for the blindAccessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travelIn-room accessibilityAccessible bathroomHandicapped parking

Roll-in shower

Chicago Gold Coast - Lake Shore Drive $168 4.5 star (I assume this is Thompson?)

Fitness CenterRestaurant(s)High-Speed Internet Access

As always Thanks!!!

4.5* GC = possible Thompson

4* MMN-WT = possible Allerton

4* GC - has not yet been ID'd/reported to the board - Raffaello, possibly?

I also see what may be the Sax for $112 (although the price you see may vary slightly.) Let us know if that would be of interest and we would be happy to point out the listing.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Hotwire listings seem be to using new copy. Can anyone help ID the following:

4.0 Magnificent Mile North - Water Tower

Pet friendlySmoke Free RoomsFitness Center

Restaurant(s)Business CenterInternet accessAccessible for the blind

Accessible for the deafAccessible path of travelIn-room accessibilityWheelchair accessible

Accessible bathroomRoll-in shower

4.0 Chicago Gold Coast - Lake Shore Drive

Boutique HotelFitness CenterInternet accessIn-room accessibilityAccessible bathroomRoll-in shower

3.5 Chicago Gold Coast - Lake Shore Drive (aaron thought raffaelo, but raffaelo is not pet friendly - could this be a lower rating for Public?)

Fitness CenterRestaurant(s)Business CenterInternet access

Golf NearbyTennis NearbySpa ServicesAccessible for the blind

Accessible for the deafAccessible path of travelIn-room accessibilityAccessible bathroom

Handicapped parkingRoll-in shower

See my guesses/comments inline below:

==> Westin Michigan Avene

4.0 Chicago Gold Coast - Lake Shore Drive

<no guess>

3.5 Chicago Gold Coast - Lake Shore Drive

<not seeing this property on a current HOTWIRE search >

What exactly is it that you are looking for from this stay?

4* Gold Coast - I'd guess the Raffaello would be a possibility.

3.5* GC - I'd guess the Indigo, which has been reported to the board with this amenity set previously.

You can see all of the hotels (and the amenities associated with each) that have been reported to the board here: Hotwire Hotel List Illinois.

Let us know more about what you are looking for and we would be happy to try to narrow things down.

I'll also note that the Gold Coast area (depending on how much in the way of leaves are still on the trees at that point) is kinda pretty in the Fall, given the tree-lined residential streets in the Gold Coast area between the Gold Coast restaurants and nightlife and the Lincoln Park area (and Lincoln Park itself is pretty in the Fall.)

looking for whitehall, talbott, public or thompson for $170 or less. (have my pointshound reservation at public for $180 as a back up if hotwire doesn't come thru)

Def don't want Raffaello (don't like hotel

or any properties south of Ohio/Ontario or west of dearborn.

My cousin just booked

$100

Pet friendlySmoke Free RoomsFitness Center

Restaurant(s)Business CenterInternet accessAccessible for the blind

Accessible for the deafAccessible path of travelIn-room accessibilityWheelchair accessible

Accessible bathroomRoll-in shower

The Westin

You called it!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]