Priceline Hotel: 4.5* Chicago (North Michigan Ave - River North) Omni Chicago Hotel

.ca
By .ca,
in

Hello All,

A friend of mine recently asked for my help getting him a nice room in Chicago. Of course my first stop was betterbidding using the calenderofwins and of course launching ALL my searches from the referral box.

For about a week and a half we were bidding from $220-$245 for a 5* in Chicago with no luck, HOTWIRE was showing 5*s for slightly higher than our bids but PRICELINE is just so much more fun :P

Finally after reviewing the hotel list here on bb I realized the Park Hyatt is the only known 5*, my friend is there with his GF and I told him 4.5* should be pretty good. Not sure I really trust the star system anyhow.

We made a $240 offer on area 8 North Michigan Ave - River North Area and it told us "one time only offer, up your bid to $258 for highest chances of winning" we decided not to fall for that and tried bidding $240 for Millennium Park, Loop & Grant Park Area and our offer was accepted. We won the Omni Hotel which has a great location and it came out to $850 usd tax/fees in.

Hotel is ranked #34 on tripadvisor so I think it was pretty good, right on the Mag Mile. Rack rate on the room was $1044 usd. About a 20% savings.

hehe my friend and I have been impersonating Shatners 2 finger thingy he does when negotiating deals since we booked it.

Hope this info helps and thanks for betterbidding!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]