Hotwire Hotel: 5* London (Heathrow Airport LHR West) Sofitel London Heathrow

lemonie
By lemonie,
in

We have a short stopover in London and are trying to find a nice place to stay close to shopping (Oxford Street?). Still researching the areas, but wanted to get an idea of what is out there. I will use the link through this site if we decide to book through Hotwire and I will follow-up with what we end up booking or doing. Thank you!

Luxe hotel with restaurant dining on site

Mayfair - Piccadilly Circus - Soho

$214 CAD (standard price $389 CAD)

Free Internet

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Laundry Facilities (self-service)

High-Speed Internet Access

Spa Services

Accessibility:

Wheelchair accessible

Accessible for the deaf

TripAdvisor 4 out of 5

Please change the drop down menu on the top right of HOTWIRE's page to United States and the currency dropdown to US Dollars. Then continue to search HOTWIRE and post to the board in US Dollars so that rates are consistent and not subject to interpretation due to future currency fluctuation. Once you're ready to purchase stay on the US version of their site and simply change the drop down menu to whatever currency you'd like to use and complete your purchase.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thank you. Can you also help me identify another property? Same dates, 01/18-01/19

4* London (Mayfair - Piccadilly Circus - Soho) $164 (standard price $270)

Amenities:

Restaurant

Business Center

Laundry Facilities (self-service)

High-Speed Internet Access

85% recommended (out of 63)

TripAdvisor 4 out of 5.0

We are still determining which property will best fit our needs in terms of location and will use the HOTWIRE link from this site when/if we book. I will also post what we decide and hopefully we will be booking within the next week or two. Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

I used the HOTWIRE link on this site to perform my search. Now getting this in my results, can you please help identify?

Cool hotel with a gym for working out

4* Mayfair - Piccadilly Circus - Soho $150 (regular $256)

TripAdvisor 4 out of 5

Free Internet

Airport Shuttle

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Self service laundry

Internet access

Cool hotel with restaurant dining on site

4* Bloomsbury - St. Pancras Station - British Museum $112 (reg $216)

85% recommended (our of 49 reviews)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Self service laundry

Internet access

Thank you. I will be sure to use the HOTWIRE link on this site for future searches and when we are ready to confirm our booking!

Best guess for the Mayfair property would be the Best Western Premier Shaftesbury Hotel and for the Bloomsbury property my guess would be the Holiday Inn London Regent's Park.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

I got caught up with booking other trips and now obviously the Hotwire searches are all different. Can you please help me to ID the following?

Dates: January 18-19, 2014

Bloomsbury

4* $115 (regular $214)

80% based on 66 reviews

Amenities: Restaurant

Mayfair

5* $217 (regular $368)

95% based on 350 reviews

4.5/5 on TripAdvisor

Amenities: Pet friendly, Restaurant, Internet access, Tennis nearby, Fitness center, Business center, Golf nearby, Spa services

4* $155 (regular $257)

90% based on 51 reviews

3.5/5 on TripAdvisor

Amenities: Smoke free, Business center, Restaurant, Internet access

Other: Wheelchair accessible

I have been using the HOTWIRE links from this site for my searches and will definitely be using it for when I book! Thank you :)

Best guess/comments for each:

Bloomsbury

4* $115 (regular $214)

<no guess>

Mayfair

5* $217 (regular $368)

--> Metropolitan Hotel London

4* $155 (regular $257)

90% based on 51 reviews

--> maybe the Hilton London Green Park

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Not sure why we didn't consider it earlier, but now considering staying at an Airport hotel (Heathrow) to save on time since we only need a 1 night stay...

Can you please help identify the following?

London Heathrow Airport (LHR) - East area $115 (reg $174)

Airport Shuttle

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Internet access

Spa Services

95% recommended (117 reviews)

I'm still using the HOTWIRE links through this site to do my searches and will use it for when I book. Thanks

I should also mention that the dates we are looking at are the same - January 18-19, 2014. Thanks

Unfortunately I don't have any insight as to what this 5* property may be, but if your needs truly are minimal for just one nite, i'm not sure how much more this 5* at $114/nite is worth vs. the 4* hotel in the same zone at $45/nite (with Shuttle, Restaurant, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower) which i'm guessing is the Holiday Inn M4-Jct 4.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this stay or if we can be of further help.

I was hoping it might be the Sofitel Heathrow but I wasn't sure because I thought the Sofitel would be in the West Zone and not the East. 'Book soon! The last person got the Sofitel London Heathrow' does come up when I click on the selection. Is this usually a good indication or is it sometimes incorrect?

These amenities have previously been seen to be associated with the Sofitel, but as you point out, this property is located in (and last reported to the board in) the Heathrow West zone.

The 'last person got' info shown by HOTWIRE is for the star rating and zone, NOT for the specific property offered. However, given that they are listing the Sofitel as a 'last person received...' for a purchase in the East zone, i think it's possible that HOTWIRE has currently mis-classified this property as being in the East zone instead of the West zone (but it's always risky purchasing on the assumption that PRICELINE or HOTWIRE has made a mistake... it does happen from time to time, but they are both right more often then they are wrong)

I decided to take the chance and I booked it! With all the same amenities as provided in my earlier post, 5* in the London Heathrow Airport (LHR) - East area at $114 USD, we are staying at the Sofitel London Heathrow.

Thanks so much for all your help! I used the HOTWIRE link through this site for all my searches and for my final booking :)

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and are happy with the results. As i do believe this property is classified in the wrong zone by HOTWIRE, i will leave this as Heathrow West since i assume they will correctly it in due time.

Thank you for sharing your results and using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]