Priceline Hotel: 4 or 5* Hotel in Sydney, Australia

nanbill47
By nanbill47,
in

There are strategies for 5* properties and (different) strategies for 4*... if you simply try for both (at once) then you risk overpaying for a 4*.

I think you need to decide what is more important to you... star rating or price.

Let us know what you decide along with your maximum bid and we'll suggest a strategy to try.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Your dates begin one day earlier and ends one day earlier than the win linked above. Rates are the same throughout the entire period, so i'm doubtful you'll have any luck beating the $134 rate.

However, given the amount of time before your stay, and no re-bid zones, i would try for a 5* at $100 just to give it a shot; if rejected wait 72 hours and try again at $134

Any questions feel free to ask and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The 4* Menzies Hotel was a recent win for $100. Other possible 4* properties include the Four Points, the other Marriott, and the Novotel. There aren't a lot of bids for Sydney so there are probably a lot more 4* properties available to Priceline that we don't know about.

Good luck with your bid, and maybe WAVTAM and I will run into you at the hotel!

Went in today and tried the $130 bid with priceline but was turned down and would be accepted if I raised the bid 22.00. Didn't think fast enough, [although that is really more than I wanted to pay] and so I tried for a 4* at $100. They then wanted $22.00 more for that one. I'm discouraged. Have to wait 3 more days to try again. :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]