Hotwire Hotel: 4* New York City (Times Square - Theater District) Millenium Broadway

inqubus
By inqubus,
in

Hi,

the time has come again to visit New york (like 2 years ago:))

This time we will be a group of 6 people.

2y ago i "won" the W hotel which i really enjoyed but looking at the wins over the past 1.5 years the W hotel isn't listed anymore or at least wasn't won. I guess they don't do hotwire anymore.

I started a search for following regions: MTE, MTW and TS. Cehckin will be friday 13th of december and checkout will be friday the 20th so 7 nights.

Timeframe is fixed so i can't play around with that one.

Looking at my budget I have 2 possible hotels that i can fit in.

first:

MTE, 183 USD

amenities: Pet friendlyFitness CenterRestaurant(s) Business Center High-Speed Internet Access Accessible path of travel In-room accessibility Accessible bath

roomRoll-in shower

3.5 rating on tripadvisor and 80% recommended on hotwire itself.

my guess is the doublthree metropolitan?

second:

TS, 234 USD

aminities: Pet friendly Fitness CenterRestaurant(s)Business Center High-Speed Internet Access Kitchenette Roll-in shower

4.0 rating on tripadvisor and 70% recommended on hotwire.

My guess is the Novotel?

Offcourse i use the tools on the forum. the Easy view hotwire thingie is very helpfull!

Looking at the possible 2 hotels i really wouldn't like the doublethree metrolopolitan. Reviews are not good on tripadvisor

Should I wait a little more to book in December?

2 y ago i booked at the end of october and I had a very nice deal with the W hotel where I only paid +- 130 USD

I know that weekend of 14-15th december is still very expensive but the week after should be allready in the cheaper period.

I can always go for priceline perhaps but i have never been succesfull with that one.

For my roadtrip in June I never got bids accepted on priceline so my experience on hotwire is a much better one.

I agree with both of your guesses above of the Doubletree and the Novotel.

I know that weekend of 14-15th december is still very expensive but the week after should be allready in the cheaper period.
This is correct, but the weekend of Dec 13 is so busy that is is effecting rates for your complete stay... is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option?

For example:

For 12/15-12/21 there are quite a few 4* hotels offered in the $150-$175 range (and even a 4.5* hotel at $204/nite)

Then for 12/13-12/15 you take a 4* ESB HOTWIRE property for $223/nite or 4* Downtown hotel for $226/nite (and some other options at the 3.5* level around this price point or a 4* MTE for $256/nite)

This would give you more options at the 4* level for the majority of your stay as well as likely give you a blended rate better than either of those above.

Your thoughts?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases (and please click each of these previous links before replying)

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi,

i discussed evertying with my group and decided not to switch hotels.

was looking again today and still the 2 same hotels appeared that I listed in the first posts.

After reading some reviews on different websites the doulbethree didn't seem that wrong so I decided too book it. When I clicked on the "book my reservation" button after a few mins i was redirected

to the search results with the message: cannot find any rooms or something....very weird.

when I do a new search I can't find the same listing anymore :( Real shame since it was at a very low price.

I'll keep an eye on it the next couple of days

Hmm I think hotwire changed something. Now i see the listing again but it says i cannot authorize my creditcard

My limit is double the price i need to pay so this cannot be the issue. Very weird since i did a payment for something else 5m ago and this wasn't an issue at all.

I booked 3 hotels via hotwire in May without any issue. Could it be they are blocking european cards perhaps?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

i finally got my money back.

Something went wrong with the reservation and the funds where on hold for 2 weeks but it's all sorted now.

Now i started to look again and the following came up for time square:

4 star at times square with following amenities with the betterbidding easy view tool.

price: 230 USD / night

Pet friendly

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Internet access

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

on hotwire it also says 80% recommended.

the only 4 star hotel that is listed as pet friendly is the Novotel but the amount of amenities doesn't match with what is listed on the hotel list tool.

could it be there are more amenities now due to the renovation that is done at the novotel?

The westin has all but is missing the pet friendly amenitie.

regards

Glad to hear you got the billing issue resolved.

I'm seeing a 4* hotel priced around $230/nite but it has different amenities then you have posted above... i am seeing a more expensive 4.5* hotel with the amenities above, are you still seeing this property as indicated above or perhaps did you post the amenities of the 4.5* hotel by mistake? Are you including all 3 rooms in your hotel search?

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi,

when i use the BiddingHelper.com tool from the forum I type in new york as location and and 3 rooms with checkin 13/12 and checkout 20/12

on the left hand side i only select times square and 4 star. That gives me the hotel with following aminities:

Pet friendly

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Internet access

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

with a price now of 229 USD

when i use the HOTWIRE link from the above post from you

i get 2 hotels and one of them is 230 USD (with 435 normal price) with the same aminities except handicapped parking, accessible bathroom and roll-in shower

when i click next to book it and click on see more where the room type is i get exactly the same aminities (12) as listed in the first part

**edit**

i also gave priceline a look (express deals)

same dates en rooms as hotwire.

midtown east: 212 per night

amenities: pet friendly, business center and fitness. Guest rating 7.0

times square: 234 per night

aminities: restaurant, business and fitness guest rating 7.0

how can i check the possible hotels?

on the hotel list there aren't any listed.

regards,

Tim

I was using the dates in your topic title of 12/13-12/21 instead of your actual check-out date of 12/20. I now see the same 4* hotel that you are seeing... best guess would be the Crowne Plaza Times Square or the Millennium Broadway Hotel.

I would also suggest looking at the 4* ESB property for $211/nite wit only a Pet Friendly amenity showing, but also indicates a TA rating of 4.5/5.0 which is excellent... my guess here would be the Afifnia Shelbourne or the Affinia Dumont, both of which gets very good reviews.

I don't have a guess for the PRICELINE EXPRESS Times Square property and when i click the MTE property i get a message that the offer is no longer available.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide to do or how we can be of further help.

Well I finally had the balls to book something :)

I ended up with the Milennium Broadway. I hoped for the Crowne Plaza but I still have a nice hotel for a decent price.

price is 230 USD and final amenities where

Pet friendly

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Internet access

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

thanks for all the help guys

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you now have this trip take care of and you're pleased with the outcome for this centrally located hotel.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]