Priceline Hotel: Paris 09/27 - 09/28, looking for a good hotel deal near the city center

bonny
By bonny,
in

I am going to Paris, France this Weekend 09/27 - 09/28.

I have already booked a cheap 3* (probably less) hotel for 109 Euro per night (including all taxes, that's about 145 USD). My problem is that I don't really want to stay there after having read the Reviews on tripadvisor.

I would love to get a better deal. I would be willing to pay up to 175 USD per night (including taxes!) for a 4* near the center.

I tried on Priceline just before with 125 USD per night (that was about 140 after tax) for a 4* in the areas Champs Elysees, Eiffel Tower, Opera Quarter East, Opera Quarter West and St. Germain. This was rejected.

What strategy would you suggest? Do I have any chance to get a win with my idea of a price? Paris seems to be very expensive that weekend.

Thanks for your help! Always using your links.

I have untill tomorrow to cancel the hotel I had booked before.

I tried on Priceline... for a 4* in the areas Champs Elysees, Eiffel Tower, Opera Quarter East, Opera Quarter West and St. Germain. This was rejected.

Are you bidding Champs Elysees-Arc De Triomphe and Champs Elysees Etoile - Avenue Monceau or only one of these zones?

Also, PRICELINE EXPRESS has this 4* Eiffel Tower hotel (with Indoor or Outdoor Pool, Pets Allowed, Restaurant, Free Internet, Business Center, Fitness Center) for $155/nite should this work for your needs (comes to $176 all-in... always confirm the dates on the landing page if you use the direct link above).

Let us know if you take the PRICELINE EXPRESS offer above OR if you want to try bidding (and if you indicate which/both Champs Elysees zone you're bidding we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for your quick help.

Sorry, I had a typo in my first post. My dates are 09/27 until 09/29 that means two nights. Unfortunately the express deal you propose on PRICELINE disappears for the additional night till Sunday.

I was bidding Champs Elysees-Arc De Triomphe only, not Etoile (and the other areas at the same time, not very intelligent I know).

I will trying bidding again later with bidding the least favorable but acceptable area first at $130 and then going up $5 in each of the 5 rebidding areas I have...

Maybe there's just no hope for me as hotels seem very expensive this weekend. Thanks for your help. I keep you informed.

Is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option?

You could take the previously posted PRICELINE EXPRESS Eiffel Tower deal for 9/27, then for 9/28 there is this 4* Champs Elysees - Arc De Triomphe property with Pets Allowed, Business Center, Fitness Center for just $128/nite.

Does this work for your needs? If not, is this an optional trip or will you ultimately need a room someplace for these dates?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]