Hotwire Hotel: 5* Venice (Giudecca Island) Hilton Molino Stucky

ElPal
By ElPal,
in

As posted previously in the thread which improperly became merged, my sister is looking for a hotel for a 2 night stay from 5-7 October

She was hoping not to pay more than about A$230 per night after the taxes and fees (which is about US$215).

Using your HOTWIRE link, I looked at 4* properties, but there wasn't to anything in the right range for 4* in Venice proper. I don't want them to have to stay on Lido or on Mestre.

Using your PRICELINE link, I looked at the express deals but again. Nothing in the budget.

Using your PRICELINE link, I have just tried to bid (not expecting any luck but my sister wanted me to give it a shot) at $160 per night but that was rejected and no counter-offer was made.

I then closed the window and re-entered using your PRICELINE link. This time I added Murano for a free rebid and tried $170 per night. This was also rejected and no counter-offer was made.

Any suggestions? My sister flies out to Europe on Thursday so we are hoping to have all the accommodation sorted before then - hopefully in the next day.

Venice is tough.

Your sister probably wouldn't like one of my sheer desperation solutions. There actually is a youth hostel on the island. It did work, and there were a few people my age (grandmotherish), but it was mostly teeny-boppers. They were nice to me though.

Moving on. I've actually stayed clear out in Mestre-East and just took a train into Venice each day. But that would waste too much of your sister's time when she only has 2 nights there. Unless she is flying out from there, and then it might be nice to already be in the airport area?

Mestre proper just isn't as cool as staying on the island, but a cab to the train station and then the 10 minute train ride to the island is (I think) pretty interesting. Workable. It does have the advantage of not dragging one's luggage over bridges and on/off boats.

I'd re-consider Lido too. It is elegant in itself and fun to ride the boats to Venice proper. There is an actual grocery store on Lido. And whenever I hear Lido I always remember seeing older ladies in fur coats and cuban-heeled shoes, purses primly on laps, riding the vaporettis. But for this one I think I'd go to Hotwire's direct purchase rather than the opaque purchase with the 65% recommendation. The two direct purchase hotels both have better ratings.

In any case, your sister is definitely fortunate to have you helping here. She will owe you. Majorly.

Romelle

PS - In case you haven't found this site yet - one of my favorite info ones - click here.

At the moment there are 5 "Standard Rate" Lido 4* hotels on Hotwire. On TripAdvisor their rankings run from #12 to #26, and their rates run from $231 to $116. I think I'd take one of them vs the Hotwire opaque deal at (as I recall) $101 but with only a 65% satisfaction rating.

There hasn't been any 4* HW success reported, and the current deal only has a couple common amenities listed so there probably isn't a good guess as to what it might be.

Romelle

Success!

Managed to get the Hilton Molino Stucky

Amenities:

Pet friendly

Near Beach

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Laundry Facilities (self-service)

High-Speed Internet Access

Spa Services

The "near beach" was a dead giveaway as was the little "Book soon! The last person got the Molino Stucky Hilton - Venice." bubble that appeared above the hotel details on Hotwire. Has anyone noticed these - they are a great strong hint of what the hot deal hotel is.

Fantastic rate for the dates - got it for 177 USD + fees per night = total $412

The rate on the hotel's own website is 594 euros per night!

PS We need to add "Giudecca Island" as a drop-down and city zone as that is what this hotel is classified as on Hotwire. I have selected Venice (Venice) above only because this option was not available

Congratulations on your success!

This zone was only recently sub-divided by HOTWIRE which is why Giudecca Island didn't appear in the drop down menu... we add them as soon as we are are made aware and able to re-classify all the hotels in the area. Thanks for letting us know.

Thank you for sharing your results and using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Hope your sister enjoys her stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]