Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Boston (Copley Square - Back Bay) Boston Marriott Copley Place

Gabbo55
By Gabbo55,
in

Hi, new to this and after reading a few threads I have an idea of the rebidding process. I am looking to see what would be the best starting price strategy for a 4 star hotel in the Boston Common-Theatre District area or Copley Square-Back Bay area for 2 nights 4th and 5th October. Would go down to 3 star also if unsuccessful. My budget is $200 a night.

Also, is there roughly 10-20% taxes on top? So a successfull 2 night stay at $200 would cost around $450-$500?

Like anything i guess it's based on demand, so prices can go up or down if I wait closer to the dates?

Thanks.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Quincy Market is another zone that is generally considered centrally located and has good subway access... is this zone also acceptable or did you want to stick with only the two above?

Please confirm and we will suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

When bidding 4* (and 3.5*) in Boston you have SIX re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Boston Common...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Copley...

Select 4* Quincy Market...

Select 4* Boston Common and Copley...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $178, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $180, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $183, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Boston Common and Quincy Market...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $178, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $180, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $183, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Boston Common and Copley and Quincy Market...

Bid $185, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $188, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $190, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $193, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $195, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $198, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $200

Any questions feel free to ask. If the above is rejected you can close the browser, once again use this link to re-access PRICELINE, and try again at the 3.5* level.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for that bidding strategy. Our friends live in brookline, so we may also stay out there for the 2 nights. Yet to decide.

I see that the highest star hotel is 3 for that area. At what price would you recommend bidding? I realise that there are not as many re-bid zones to add for brookline.

What would be your maximum bid to stay in Brookline? Am i correct that staying in Brookline would be for the same dates as above and replace the previous bidding strategy for the 'downtown' zones?

When will you finalize your zone(s) and which area(s) you want to stay in?

I should finalise plans in the next few days as to which area to stay.

Please finalize your plans first so that we don't research, and type out, a strategy for bids that many not even be placed (or necessary if you decide to stick with the downtown zones above)

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Bids of $140, $150, $160, $170, $180 all rejected for Back bay 3.5 star. $190 accepted. List view was $299 as was hotel website.

It was available on express deals for $201.

Still looking for saturday the 5th. Rooms are very expensive that night. Express deals only have 4 star in Back bay for $467 and 2 star for $235.

Congratulations on your (partial) success!

For a city its size, Boston does not have a lot of hotel rooms, and even moderately sized events can have a dramatic effect on hotel prices.

Thank you for sharing your win for the nite above with the board. For help with, or to report a win for, your remaining nite feel free to start a NEW TOPIC.

Enjoy this leg of your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]