Priceline Hotel: Booking for a family

PCMom
By PCMom,
in

Hello Everyone , I will be traveling with my four children to NYC for four nights July 2014 . My Eldest child is an adult 20years and the other 3 are under the age of 16 years old. I would love to be able to bid and get a 4star hotel especially since its our first visit to New York ....

What is the lowest I should bid and how many rooms do I request for ?

I know the family rooms are very limited in New York .

In the worse case scenario that I request for two rooms and end up with a double in each room , would we be forced to take another room outside of the Priceline bidding system when we get to the hotel ?

Sorry about all the questions , but hope some can help with some answers :-)

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

PRICELINE only guarantees one bed/double occupancy in general. Some cities you may not have as much of an issue with two beds (Orlando, for example.) However, NYC is really a very high risk city in terms of winding up with one bed. What I would suggest instead would be HOTWIRE, where you can search for more than two people in the same room.

A couple of additional questions:

Is a non-refundable reservation acceptable this far in advance?

What would be your desired budget per night for this stay?

Which zone/s would be acceptable?

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Hello and a huge thank you for your response . I will not start bidding until next year , but wanted to research before getting involved .

I would like to be close to any of the attractions or in a hotel near a subway to get there .

My Maximum budget per room is $200 a night.

If I get a room for 4 people, would I be allowed to fit 5 people in the room or would I definitely have to get an additional room . Since its our first time in New york I would rather we stay in one room. I don't mind paying $400 for the room per night . I will check out the link you sent.

NYC rooms are definitely on the smaller side, so there are not many hotels where a "standard" room will fit five - in a number of hotels (even at higher star ratings), four may be a tight fit. You definitely may run into "max occupancy" issues at some hotels where beyond four is not allowed in one room.

In terms of pricing, it really depends on the specific date/s - are your date/s of travel confirmed?

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Please continue this thread once your plans are firm and you're ready to move forward... the hotels currently shown may not be the ones that are offered, or the prices may be very different, once you're ready to commit to a purchase.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]