Priceline Hotel: Bidding Advice - NYC (Manhattan) 10/05-10/09

aaroncolorado
By aaroncolorado,
in

I've never asked for bidding help on Betterbidding, so thank you in advance!

I'm looking for the best-priced room for the dates: 10/05-10/09 (4 nights)

I'm okay with any neighborhood in Manhattan, no other boroughs like Queens or Brooklyn.

The hotel would preferably be at least 2 stars.

The hotel room is for my parent's first visit to NYC.

I'm okay with any neighborhood in Manhattan, no other boroughs like Queens or Brooklyn.
To avoid any confusion, please list the zones you are willing to accept, by PRICELINE name.
The hotel would preferably be at least 2 stars.
Is the goal the least expensive 2* hotel OR are you willing to pay more for a higher rated hotel? Also, note that quality can vary greatly and get a bit iffy at the lower rated hotels in NYC... you may win a diamond in the rough that perfectly meets your parent's needs... or you could get something that would put a damper on an otherwise great trip.

This is an expensive time of year, so what star ratings and zones that are possible will be dependent upon your maximum budget per nite.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know the info above and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Of course having a nicer hotel would be better and yes, I understand the difference between a two and three-star hotel could vary greatly in NYC. I'm hoping to get a hotel room with a maximum budget of $150 per night but that would include taxes. Thanks for the advice so far!

To avoid any confusion, please list the zones you are willing to accept, by PRICELINE name.

Is the goal the least expensive 2* hotel OR are you willing to pay more for a higher rated hotel? Also, note that quality can vary greatly and get a bit iffy at the lower rated hotels in NYC... you may win a diamond in the rough that perfectly meets your parent's needs... or you could get something that would put a damper on an otherwise great trip.

This is an expensive time of year, so what star ratings and zones that are possible will be dependent upon your maximum budget per nite.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know the info above and we'll take it from there.

Of course having a nicer hotel would be better and yes, I understand the difference between a two and three-star hotel could vary greatly in NYC. I'm hoping to get a hotel room with a maximum budget of $150 per night but that would include taxes. Thanks for the advice so far!

Zones I'm willing to accept:

Central Park South

Chelsea Area

Downtown - Financial District

Empire State Building Area

Hell's Kitchen

Lower East Side

Madison Square Garden - Convention Area

Midtown East

Midtown West

Morningside Heights - Harlem

SoHo - Tribeca

Times Square - Theatre District

Upper East Side

Upper West Side

I'm hoping to get a hotel room with a maximum budget of $150 per night but that would include taxes.

At current rates for these dates this is not realistic.

You maybe have a shot at $150-$160 before taxes and fees, but if looking at $150 all-in, your maximum bid is about $125/nite, and that's not going to be enough.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

January-March are the slowest time of year in NYC - it's not unusual to get a 4* for around $100 or less during the slowest parts of this time period. July/August are somewhat slow, but rates during that period have gone up noticeably over the last few years. The Fall and first part of Winter (second half of Sept-first half of Dec) are generally the busiest period of the year, with a couple of exceptions, such as the days right before Thanksgiving.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thank you Aaron for the detailed information about rates in NYC. You are right. I checked for hotel prices in March and they are MUCH cheaper. I will have to keep this in mind.

Theuare, I did what you said and yeah, the cheapest 2-star hotel was $201 a night before taxes and it was the sole one anywhere close to that price. I think we might be priced out from visiting at this time of year. Thank you very much for your insight and help, it's greatly appreciated! I trust your word more than most anyone else out there in Internet Land. :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]