Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (North Michigan Ave - River North) Intercontinental Chicago

zebrum
By zebrum,
in

Was targeting the 4* Interconentintal because of its location as it's my first time in Chicago. Tried $88 then $91 as the other successful bidders got but was denied, perhaps because I'm including a Saturday night. So I used rebid zones to bid $95 and it was finally accepted, quite good considering it's $199 on hotels.com (where by the way it is listed as 4.5* and not 4* as on priceline). I noticed the valet parking fee is $64 but if anyone knows the self-park rate or has any parking tips for near that hotel that would be a great help thanks. Oh and I remembered to use the PRICELINE link!

Congrats on your success. :)

Very good deal for this historic (and well-located) property. Hope you are looking forward to your stay.

There are lots nearby to the East between the hotel and Navy Pier - they're going to be cheaper, but still pricey. Navy Pier and Millennium Park city lots will be even a tad cheaper (I think they're $25 + city tax?), but unfortunately cheap parking downtown is pretty much nonexistent.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Parked in the Embassy suites underground lot 1 block west for $38 per night, seems quite a safe one. No in-out privileges for non-Embassy guests but I'm not using my car here anyway. Compared to the Intercontinental $65 per night I saved $81 for the 3 nights so well worth it!

Btw its seems there are 2 halfs to this hotel, the nice old building and the ugly modern extension, which obviously is where they put the priceliners ;-) They cheekily say your room is on the newly refurbished grand tower, I wonder how bad it was before it was refurbished! Another thing to note is the beds are smaller than queen size more like singles.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]