Priceline Hotel: 4* Boston (Boston Common - Theater District) Omni Boston Parker House

marymo
By marymo,
in

Hi there,

I have been trying, unsuccessfully, for the last month to secure a 3.5-4* hotel in Copley Square for September 20-24, 2013. I would prefer not to pay more than $220 per night. Dates and location are firm. I have noticed that prices seem to be much higher for these travel dates ($100 higher per night compared to this coming weekend- Sept 6-10, 2013 for example). At this point I am trying to determine if it would be most beneficial to wait to bid or look for a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal on PL the week I am planning on travelling. I called the Marriot Copley Place hotel directly asking why the quote for my travel dates is $499 per night (!), significantly higher than other dates I was searching. They wouldn't give me any further information, but told me they still had availability. Any suggestions in terms of how to proceed? Thanks/much appreciated.

Welcome to BetterBidding :)

What is going on in Boston for your dates?

Rates are very high and my guess is that you're not going to get a 3.5* within your budget.

Is the any other zone(s) that you're willing to stay in or can you raise your budget?

Let us know and we'll go from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchases and searches.

Yellowdog.

I am looking for similar dates (except mine is 09/21-23) and have been bidding and looking at for 4-6 weeks with same results. I'm am bidding up to $227 in the Back Bay Area with all the other rebid zones. The only thing I know of going on in Boston is a neurology convention, the symphony and Red Sox game. But those events should not cause room rates to be this high

I am looking for similar dates (except mine is 09/21-23)...

BellaDonna,

It would be appreciated if you used the previously requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin all your future bidding, searches, and travel purchases.

If you'd like help with, or to report a win for, your own trip please start a NEW TOPIC.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It must be the ICMA convention. I've heard that's huge, and it's in the Hynes, in Back Bay.

There's not much you can do about this. You might try booking in Cambridge, if the (in my opinion minor) loss of convenience is worth it to you to save quite a lot of money. Back Bay in particular is going to be virtually impossible.

Our strong preference is to stay in Copley, but may consider Common/Theatre District if we continue to be unsuccessful. The highest I would be willing to pay is 240/night for a 4 star in Copley. My question is more relating to timing- do rates typically drop, rise, or stay the same as you approach your travel dates (ie same week)? I am wondering if I should wait until the week I am travelling to bid in Copley or get a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal the same week. Many thanks.

There is no telling if rates will drop in the next two weeks... or move even higher. It's a function of supply/demand and all depends upon how actual new reservations/cancellations come in relative to expected new reservations/cancellations (hotels have a LOT of historical data and spend a LOT of money themselves on trying to figure this out and how to best predict demand for any give set of date(s)) For more on this subject see the related 'Bid or Early or Close to Check-in' link in our PRICELINE FAQ.

At current rates it looks like you'll need to get lucky to win a 4* hotel at $240 or less in a 'downtown' zone. By including more zones you give more hotels the opportunity to accept your bid... so by being flexible and including more zones in your bidding you have a better chance at getting 'lucky'.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know if we can be of further help along the way.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi there- thanks so much to WICHNAK and ENTHUS for posting their wins for the Omni Parker House. I followed the formula WICHNAK posted and got the hotel for $145. Used the PRICELINE link to secure the hotel.

Due to the prices, I ended up having to abandon my Copley Square search and I also split up my travel dates. Still need a hotel for Friday 20th and Saturday 21st and am ok with the possibility of not ending up at the same hotel for my entire stay. I'd prefer to stay at the Omni Parker for Fri and Sat (under $250 would be ideal) so any tips would be appreciated. There's a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal for what i gather is the Omni Parker for $289 per night currently.

Thanks again for the great info.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]