Priceline Hotel: 4* Vancouver (Downtown) Hyatt Regency Vancouver

canadianjovigirl
By canadianjovigirl,
in

Looking to book a decent hotel in Vancouver for Oct. 2-5th. Priceline Express has a 4 star for $105 a night that I can select 2 beds for. Would I be better to bid on something in the downtown or Granville area for this price? I have never used bidding for a hotel in Canada only once in Boston so not sure what I could get thus why not going with a 3 star. Was hoping to stay under $150/night as just going for a quick visit. Any tips or advise.

I have checked out the possible hotels shown in the link.

Priceline Express has a 4 star for $105 a night that I can select 2 beds for.
Do you need or want two beds in the room for this stay?

Which zone is this PRICELINE EXPRESS property located in and what are the amenities that PRICELINE associates with this offer?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

2 beds would be preferred but not a deal breaker as I can share with my 18 year old daughter. It shows it as a downtown Vancouver hotel on the express page. It shows pool, pets, dining, business center, fitness center, and bed choice available on the express page. Hope that helps to narrow it down. It also says the $105 price is 45% off and that its a customer favorite and is 9.0 rating.

My guess for this one would be the Hyatt Regency Vancouver.

With this property you know you will received:

-a well reviewed hotel (the 9.0/10.0 user review rating is a 'good' one)

-two beds which is not needed but desirable

If you bid on PRICELINE you could get a room with only one bed and a hotel that may or may not be as highly rated.

So it comes down to if the items above (well reviewed and two beds) are worth you paying a little more for? If so, then take the PRICELINE EXPRESS deal... if not, assuming the above offers some value, how high would you be willing to bid before it's worth the $105/nite for having two beds and a 'known' well reviewed property?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I did end up purchasing it as at that price it was a great deal as I couldn't find a price under $200/night for that hotel anywhere on line so for $105/night I was happy with that as Hyatts are usually pretty decent and the price was comparable to what we were looking at for a Best Western!!

Ended up costing the following:

Summary of Charges

Room Cost (avg. per room, per night): $105.00 (USD)

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Guests Per Room: 2

Number of Nights: 3

Room Subtotal: $315.00 (USD)

Taxes and Fees: $62.91 (USD)

Total Charged to Card: $377.91 (USD)

Thanks for your help.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received a very nice rate at the hotel you wanted and are pleased with the results.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]