Hotwire Hotel: 5 * Midtown East NYC

miatamel
By miatamel,
in

A 5 star popped up in my notifications today for our dates in mid-December. I have lusted after the Palace (Towers) but no way could pay those prices. Is there any way this could be the Palace?

(In the pinned listing, the only 5 star listed is The Palace Towers but amenities don't quite match up)

Midtown East area hotel See more hot Rate hotels

How do our star ratings work?

$817 other sites*

$388.00

per night

Our 5-star hotels include:

Intercontinental Hotels & Resorts

Le Meridien Hotels & Resorts

The Luxury Collection Hotels & Resorts

and other brand-name and independent hotels

See our star rating guide

Amenities:

Pet friendly, Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Business Center

See all amenities

Okay, and how do you know if you are being "had" so to speak? I got the email where I was watching prices for my trip, which is the info I posted below where the "rate from other sites" is $817. However, if I just go to hotwire on my own and punch up the info, I get the same info, but different "rate form other sites."

Midtown East area hotel See more hot Rate hotels

How do our star ratings work?

$575 other sites*

$388.00

per night

Prices this low require us to hide the name until right after you book.

Amenities:

Pet friendly, Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Business Center

See all amenities

Recommended:

In 100% of Hotwire customer reviews.

Complete amenities on original post are: (and it's gone up $5 since the original click on the email :/)

5-star Hotel in Midtown East

This Hotel features the following amenities:

Pet friendly

Pet friendly - terms apply

Fitness Center

Guests have access to exercise equipment; an additional charge may apply.

Restaurant(s)

Property offers at least one restaurant on the premises; hours and days of operation may vary.

Business Center

Guests have access to business equipment and services; an additional charge may apply.

Please start by reading your messages and clicking each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links... then reply to this thread and we'll have a look at and comment on your post above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin all your bidding, searches, and travel purchases (and not the links in any emails that are sent by PRICELINE or HOTWIRE)

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

Getting ready to bid for a mid-December stay in NYC. I realize Priceline says rooms are only guaranteed for 2 people and I need 4--2A, 2C.

Has anyone here bid and then called to make sure you can put 4 in room? such as 2 double beds or whatever? Is it worth the risk to bid and get stuck if we can't?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]