Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* Istanbul (Sultanahmet) Arden City Hotel

OdieUK
By OdieUK,
in

Hotwire - Istanbul 4.5 star sultanahmet. 06 October 2013 one night 2 persons.

hotwire price £65.00.

Win: Arden City Hotel

subtotal £54.47

taxes etc £10.11

TOTAL = £64.57

Alemdar Mahallesi Yerebatan street No 1 | Sultanahmet OLD CITY, Istanbul 34110, Turkey (Sultanahmet - Old City)

Hotel was NOT listed on betterbidding.com hotel lists.

the hotel is currently 242 of 829 Istanbul hotels.

I realise i have only just booked this, but have to say i'm a bit disappointed. Before pressing confirm Hotwire did state that the rrp was £219.00 per night. Having checked Trivago - i could have actually booked this hotel for £65.00 through Olotels.com - and earned quidco cash back at same time. So an overall saving of just 0.43p (works out to be approx 60 US cents) is a very disappointing saving.

I will await my overall viewpoint on the hotel once i have travelled.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us add this property to the Hotwire Hotel List.

So we can complete the entry for this property, can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

For the future, please change the drop down menu on the top right of HOTWIRE's page to United States and the currency dropdown to US Dollars. Then continue to search HOTWIRE and post to the board in US Dollars so that rates are consistent and not subject to interpretation due to future currency fluctuation. Once you're ready to purchase stay on the US version of their site and simply change the drop down menu to whatever currency you'd like to use and complete your purchase.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks, enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Thereuare.

This must be in the key facts section somewhere, but reading this made me think of my owning bidding situation a couple years ago where I interpreted that the Hotwire RRP price was for a particular property and not an average for the category in the general area. The RRP price really stood out tome as there were a number of cheap 2 star hotels in the area but only one very highly rated boutique 2 star hotel that was at least double or triple the price of all of the others. When I saw the high RRP I mistakenly assumed it was for the boutique only to find out I paid slightly more than the walk-in rate for a comparative dump (I initiated a claim through Hotwire but gave up on this as the amounts were not large). Is there anyway to promote this more so others don't fall into the same trap? Most times area averages are likely close enough but there are exceptions!

• 1 month later...

Only been home a few days - so apols for delay in responding to this

thanks for the info 'thereuare'...will watch out and do that in the future. just one query regarding changing the currency and site. When paying by a number of debit/credit cards issued in the UK, if we change the currency/site to US, it might (not sure at this stage) charge to our account in USD$ - in which case my bank will charge me a 'non standard transaction fee' and a 'non standard purchase fee' (took these phrases off my bank statement). depending on cost, this could add considerably to the amount paid.

Afternoon Mr B - good point you raise and I do wonder how many who bid actually think of this point. might be worth a poll?

regarding the actual hotel - we were actually placed into the 'Arden Park Hotel' which is next door to the Arden City Hotel. On arrival we were given a very warm and friendly welcome by not just reception, but also The Manager and bellboys etc. We were advised by reception that they had no twin rooms left in the 'Arden city', but had in the 'Arden Park'. A member of staff walked with us to next door, whilst the bellboy dealt with the luggage. I was disappointed in the room - it was very small and dark (as per a lot of rooms in Istanbul) with a tiny bathroom. The breakfast (taken in the Arden City) was fine. However, the ultimate bonus point was it was no more than a 5 minute walk on almost flat ground to the blue mosque, Topkapi Palace and tram stop! location was 110%!

So we can complete the entry for this property, can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.
2x
For the future, please change the drop down menu on the top right of HOTWIRE's page to United States and the currency dropdown to US Dollars. Then continue to search HOTWIRE and post to the board in US Dollars so that rates are consistent and not subject to interpretation due to future currency fluctuation. Once you're ready to purchase stay on the US version of their site and simply change the drop down menu to whatever currency you'd like to use and complete your purchase.
As per the above, you would be staying on the US version of the site but making your purchase in whatever currency you would like.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]