Priceline Hotel: 5* Munich (Altstadt - Lehel - Ludwigsvorstadt) Sofitel Munich Bayerpost

CBC373
By CBC373,
in

I am trying to bid for a 5* in the Alstadt area of Munich. Started bidding at USD90 and in increments of $5 up to 105 with no luck so far.....

I searched the priceline maps and it seems the lone winning bid for 5* Alstadt was in 2012 for Sofitel. Any other ideas on possible hotels which can be had for that area?

All of the following would be among the possibilities at the 5* level in the Alstadt zone (and there could be others as well):

Mandarin Oriental

Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten Kempinski Munich

Bayerischer Hof

Konigshof Hotel

Rocco Forte The Charles Hotel

Le Meridien Munich

Sofitel Munich Bayerpost

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know if we can be of further help along the way.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You've got over a month and a half yet. Not really time yet to bid your maximum, whatever that might be. Hotels can give rooms to PRICELINE up until the very last minute.

There isn't any real pattern on how much better one can do via bidding, as compared to PRICELINE EXPRESS. Perhaps $10 to $20 for the range in which you are? There are even examples where a bid clear up to the PE level wasn't successful, but that seems to be pretty rare.

When I am working on a trip, I tend to really want to have everything settled as early as can be. I have to keep telling myself that the reason for PL's existence is to help hotels sell rooms that would otherwise go unoccupied. And they don't necessarily know that until the last minute. They do a good job with predicting and modeling, but ....

Romelle

Not sure your needs for this trip but PRICELINE has the Hilton Munich for $167/nite which doesn't appear to be located too far outside of the Alstadt zone... the Westin Grand Munchen Arabellapark is also available for $160 should this one work for your needs.

Keep us updated on your progress and whatever you decide for this stay OR how we can be of further help.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Congratulations on your success!

Well done! Glad to see you got this stay resolved and are happy with the hotel and deal received.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]