Priceline Hotel: Priceline Express MTE & TS 20/9-26/9

nic31h
By nic31h,
in

I have unsuccessfully been bidding for a 4* hotel in midtown east from 9/20 - 9/26. I would prefer ME but have been including ESB, MW, TS (are these areas pretty close to everywhere, it is our first time to NY and just want to stay somewhere close to everything). Am i correct in saying there are 4 free re bid zones?

I have tried up to $140 so far with no luck. I just saw someone got the roosevelt for $101 in august, this would be great! What kind of price do you think we should be looking at? Any suggestions? I have set up alerts for $130 and under

I have already clicked on both PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links numerous times :)

Am i correct in saying there are 4 free re bid zones?

No... there are currently only TWO re-bid zones available when bidding 4* in NYC. If you believe there are more, or if are unsure, please ask the board for help and/or confirm your re-bid zones before you do any additional bidding. Start with this Priceline Re-Bidding Explained thread and we'll take it from there.

I have tried up to $140 so far with no luck. I just saw someone got the roosevelt for $101 in august, this would be great! What kind of price do you think we should be looking at? Any suggestions? I have set up alerts for $130 and under

This is high-season for NYC (and August is low season) so rates for your dates will likely be substantially more than any August wins. Based upon current rates i think you're likely looking at $200+ for a 4* hotel in midtown. Using MAPS and HOTELS.com what is the best rate you're able to find thru conventional means for a 4* hotel in one of the zones you've been bidding?

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 months later...

Can anyone please help me identify the below hotel on priceline express

4* Midtown East

20/9-26/9

Pets allowed, Business centre, Fitness centre

rated 7*

$336

Other options are:

4 1/2* Midtown East

20/9-26/9

Pets allowed, Business centre, Fitness centre, restaurant

rated 7*

$421

4* Midtown East

20/9-26/9

Pets allowed, Business centre, Fitness centre

rated 7*

$336

Time Square the choice is

3* Times Square

20/9-26/9

Business centre, Fitness centre, Restaurant, bed choice available

rated 7*

$287

4 1/2* Times Square

20/9-26/9

Pets Allowed, Business centre, Fitness centre, Restaurant

rated 9*

$401

Thank you! I have clicked on both the links already as well

Purchase timing is discussed in detail in the FAQ, but I will note that the Fall is traditionally expensive and waiting until the last minute - if the period is as it traditionally is - is a risk.

Bidding will be probably be at least slightly-to-mildly cheaper, but it becomes a matter of being willing to then accept ANY hotel at the star rating chosen in the zone chosen versus being able to make at least an educated guess using the Express Deals area.

HOTWIRE also has some listings for fairly comparable prices, but in terms of Express deals, do keep in mind the BIGCITY6 coupon code, which should work for 10% off.

In terms of a couple for their first time in NYC, I think it becomes a matter of:

1. Would you rather be right near a lot of sights but in an area that's not busy/hectic?

2. Do you want to be in the middle of a particularly busy/hectic area?

Everyone is different, but personally I'd much rather recommend staying in MTE or ESB - very nice areas, calmer and yet, still convenient to sights. A lot of restaurant and shopping options as well. I love NYC, but would not want to stay in TS - just too crowded/hectic. The other note is that there's so much in NYC all up and down Manhattan - Times Square is arguably the most well-known sight, but every time I've gone I've spent less time there than thought.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

• 2 weeks later...

We still are looking for somewhere to stay and are having no luck bidding. We have bid up to $320 for 31/2 star ME with no luck.

PRICELINE EXPRESS deals seem to have disappeared! We can see 2 for ESB

3* $395

Free Internet

Airport shuttle

Restaurant

Business centre

Fitness centre

31/2* $366

Pets allowed

Business centre

Fitness centre

Restaurant

Any suggestions on what we should do??

Just to add to the above that i think the 4* in the ESB zone has changed as i'm now seeing this one priced at $332 and has:

Free Internet

Boutique

Smoke Free

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

While unfortunate that the price has gone up, this hotel gets great reviews and is 4.5/5.0 rated by TA, so if you're willing to spend the money it may be worth the extra $30/nite over the previous 4* hotel in this zone (which may be a moot point since that property is no longer offered)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]