Priceline Hotel: Boston-December 5th-9th----When To Bid

Canada2012
By Canada2012,
in

OK I am all set for a Boston Sports Weekend Thu Dec 5th-Mon Dec 9th. Now when should I bid and what area should I start with and how many rebid zones are there for Boston?

Not sure yet my max amount to bid, but I am not worried about it as I will just keep trying, just need to know what area to start with and what rebid zones are there? Thanks

OK my bad for not being more thorough. I do not know much about the Boston Area, so as much help would be great. Like I do not want to end up out by Logan Airport when I am attending two events two nights in a row at the TD Garden and then taking the train up to Foxborough for the Patriots.

Let's say 3.5 can be the minimum and I know it is expensive in Boston so would $290-$400 a night be what is expected to pay for 3.5* and up?

I have no idea at all for December what the rates would be. So that is possibly a way out of range amount or is close. My guess is 4* goes close to $400 a night?

So like I said I could blindly bid $290 and get a 3.5 star and be told I could have bid way lower. So as much help would be appreciated.

For bidding at the 3.5* level, there are currently 6 free re-bid zones. For determining them, there are detailed instructions here: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained. It is necessary to know the correct way of determining them, since they can change and one can't rely on old lists from somebody else. They need rechecked JUST BEFORE each bidding session.

There are various ways of getting an idea as to what $$ bid might be successful. You can check Hotwire (left up above) or Priceline Express. It usually is possible to do a little better than those numbers via bidding, but not necessarily so. You can also look at the Calendar of Wins in Tools above. Just maybe some other member has reported results for your dates.

You might use something like Google maps and determine just where your Boston events are. Then select bidding zones in the general area.

Romelle

Using the method in Priceline Re-Bidding Explained, please confirm your re-bid zones with the board (or ask questions if you're confused) and we'll then suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

As your BB hosts noted, Boston in December is much cheaper than you expected.

I'll add this: you've already made a smart choice, because by far the best way to get to Gillette Stadium for the Patriots game is by the Patriots Train. It leaves from South Station, which is in the Quincy Market/Financial region (the Intercontinental or Langham would be extremely convenient, since it sounds like you might want to go high-end for this trip). It also stops at the Back Bay station, which means the Copley/Back Bay hotel region would also be very convenient.

For the TD Garden events any downtown region is fine because you can take the Green Line from there, very easy. Quincy, Commons, and Harbor are all sort of walking distance, but maybe not late on a cold December evening!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]