Priceline Hotel: 3* Toronto (Markham) Courtyard By Marriott Toronto Markham

mikey0531
By mikey0531,
in

I'm hoping you can give me some advice.

I'm going to Toronto tomorrow (technically today, I guess) -- so checking in August 22 for 3 nights.

I would like to stay at the Toronto Don Valley hotel (Don Valley area on Priceline)because it's close to my family. It's a 3 star. It's the only 3 star hotel in that area.

My 2nd choice is the Westin Prince Hotel. It's also the only 4 star hotel in its area. There's a PRICELINE EXPRESS Deal right now for what I'm sure is this hotel. It's $106.

How would I go about bidding so that I don't overpay for the Don Valley Hotel?

Thank you.

Debi

First, a reminder that you are not bidding on specific properties, but rather any hotel in the zone s the star level (or higher) that you choose... you can't bid for a specific property.

What would be your maximum bid for a 3* hotel before you change courses and try for the 4* hotel? Also, note that there are no 4* hotels offered by PRICELINE in the Don Valley zone... the Westin Prince is located in PRICELINE's 'North York East' zone.

Given the above, did you want to first bid on a 3* up to your limit for the Don Valley zone, then if rejected, try for a 4* hotel in the Don Valley zone?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Check-in is today so I'm not how much time I've got. I would like to be under $90 for the 3 star in the Don Valley zone or the 4 star in the North York East zone. I don't think there are any other 3 stars in the Don Valley Zone or any other 4 stars in the North York East zone. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Thank you. And, yes I will use the PRICELINE link.

Those are the only 3* and 4* hotels reported to the board in their respective zones, but as per the comments at the top of the Priceline Hotel List, new hotels can be added, and others removed or upgraded/downgraded, at any time, so you can never be absolutely certain if you're aware of the complete set of possibilities.

If you're ready to start bidding first for the 3* in Don Valley, and if that is rejected to then try for the 4* in North York East... when bidding 3* in Toronto you have ONE re-bid zone and at the 4* level you have ELEVEN re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3* Don Valley...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90

If the above is rejected close the current browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* North York East...

Bid $73, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $78, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $83, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $88, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $93, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $98, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100

You can stop at whatever dollar amount you'd like, but if figure if you do make this up to $90 and not yet accepted you may not have many other options at less than $100/nite, and this way if you continue on and are still rejected at $100/nite, you can take the PRICELINE EXPRESS 4* hotel in the North York East zone (with Indoor or Outdoor Pool, Pets Allowed, Restaurant, Business Center, Fitness Center) offered at $106/nite... or the 3* hotel Don Valley property (with Indoor or Outdoor Pool, Restaurant, Free Breakfast, Free Internet, Business Center, Fitness Center) offered at $104/nite.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Even though everything didn't go as planned, we were tired, stuck in traffic, and had a long line at the border -- so I was trying to bid using your links while waiting to cross the border. I was using an iphone and things were just frustrating and I couldn't even place a bid because of network issues. So, unfortunately, I couldn't bid using your link -- I had to call someone quickly and asked them to do me a favor and bid for me to get a room.

I ended up in Markham in the Courtyard by Marriott for $77 checking in Thursday and checking out tomorrow (Sunday). I just wanted to let you know what I paid for my room. I started bidding at 60 then added a rebid zone and went up to $65 -- the person who was helping me on the phone said something popped up and said if I bid $77, the room was mine. I was exhausted, so we just took it.

Thanks for trying to help.

Debi

Congratulations on your success!

Thanks for the follow-up and sharing your win with the board... hope you have been enjoying your stay.

In the future note that the search boxes at the top of the board (as well as our BiddingHelper.com) all work from any mobile device (tablets, phones, etc) and when a friend, family member, or another person you're traveling with will be doing the bidding, please ask them to stop by the board and click one of the logos in the search boxes at the top of the board, it takes less than 2 seconds to do so.

Thanks, have a safe trip back home.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]