Priceline Hotel: 3.5* San Jose (Newark - Fremont) Fremont Marriott Silicon Valley

Rossi
By Rossi,
in

I have been trying to bid for 2 days straight for a SanFran Hotel from 09-22 to 09-24 with no luck. I am up to $200 for a 4* hotel and no cigars. I have seen wins for $90 for 4* hotels in the Financial District

I have tried all areas, categories 5*, 4.5* and 4*

1 Civic Center South - Hayes Valley

2 Financial District - Embarcadero

3 Fisherman's Wharf

4 Japan Town - Civic Center North

5 Marina - Lombard Street

9 SOMA - Moscone Center

12 Union Square East

13 Union Square West - Nob Hill

is there something going on that specific date? its sunday to tuesday :(

Can you help me with a bidding strategy?

Thank you

I'm not sure what's going on on these date/s but it would appear very significant - inventory on HOTWIRE is VERY limited and what's available is hugely expensive - a 2* for over $300, for example, in USE.

What would be your desired budget per night for this stay? Would any outlying areas be acceptable?

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

OracleWorld, which is a HUGE event, will be taking place Sept 22-26 and i'm guessing that is the reason for the very high rates.

Using MAPS and HOTELS.com what is the best rate you're able to find thru conventional booking channels at an acceptable hotel?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

thank you for the heads up....so yet another day for unsuccessful bidding... and YIKES the conventional booking rates are super high for those days

I will try my luck tomorrow if not I will check where else we can go, since, we are actually going to Freemont, CA, I just wanted to stay in SanFran

I will keep you guys updated

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again. So I tried last night San Mateo and south san fran area up to $145 and no cigars

We are actually going to Freemont, CA and wanted to stay/visit San Fran...I am very open to suggestions if you have any around this area and we can do day trips to San Fran :)

I am going to try again today :)

Unfortunately the conference appears to be taking up most of the hotel rooms in the area.

PRICELINE EXPRESS has THIS 2.5* hotel in the San Meteo zone for $165/nite, which while i understand is a half star lower and a few dollars more than you had bid, but this property has a very good 9.0/10.0 user review rating and also includes breakfast and parking (full amentiies: Free Breakfast, Free Internet, Free Parking, Business Center, Fitness Center) should this be of any interest.

You can also use our sister site, MAPS and HOTELS.com, to easily filter and sort hotel in the immediate area to see if there is anything offered within your desired star rating and budget.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this stay or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi

So here is the update... I went down to 2.5 stars and tried all the different areas and was up to $265 and nothing in San Fran

Since we are actually going to Freemont, CA, I decided to change strategy and bid for Freemont Area

I got this hotel and could not be happier since its right accross the place where we are going:

$85/night

Fremont Marriott Silicon Valley 3½ star

Newark - Fremont

46100 Landing Parkway, Fremont, CA 94538

Check-In: Sun, Sep 22, 2013 / After 03:00 PM

Check-Out: Mon, Sep 23, 2013 / 11:00 AM

Rooms: 1 room / 1 night

This is listing for $279 in marriott.com so I think its a fantastic deal.

I only bid for 1 one in case I got a really bad hotel.

I am going to now think about where to stay the night of the 23rd since San Fran has proven to be impossible. Newark is only a 45 min drive to san fran so I would not mind staying here.

I will post my win for the second night :)

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received a great deal for this leg of your stay and that this works out so well for your plans.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Enjoy this part of your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]