Priceline Hotel: 5* Shanghai in Huangpu or Luwan areas 10/27-10/30/13

Rojiviris
By Rojiviris,
in

Please provide a follow-up for your prior Chicago Priceline post and your Hotwire Tokyo thread (post in that thread what you decided for that stay), then reply to this thread and we'll be happy to look into the above. Please follow-up your threads with whatever you end up doing, even if you chose to book direct, cancel your trip, etc.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchases and searches.

Yellowdog.

Please provide a follow-up for your prior Chicago Priceline post and your Hotwire Tokyo thread (post in that thread what you decided for that stay), then reply to this thread and we'll be happy to look into the above. Please follow-up your threads with whatever you end up doing, even if you chose to book direct, cancel your trip, etc.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchases and searches.

Yellowdog.

Done!

Thanks again for your suggestions!

I went ahead and added all the other ammenities for handicapped. I hope that was all you needed.

I had to start my bids for 5* in Shanghai and so far have all been rejected:

Main area of interest is Luwan or Huangu-Downtown Puxi.

Started at $75 , The Bund Center - Luwan, rejected

$81 , added area #1, and 14(Luwan), rejected

$87, area 1, 5, 14, rejected

I have seen a 5* in Luwan (JW Marriott went for $99-102), but did not want to start that high. If there are several 5* in one area, how do they determine which hotel gets it, if they vary a lot in retail price?

I am a little gunshy about adding all the regions without 5*, with the fear that there is a glitch and it books me in an unwanted area.

You're bidding zones that contain 5* hotels but are not included in your the two acceptable zones (Huangpu and Luwan) you mention above... did you include these other zones as re-bid zones thinking that they do not have 5* hotels OR are more than just these two zones acceptable?

Exactly which zone(s) are you willing to you for this trip? (and please use the zone names, as they appear on PRICELINE, and not the zone numbers since the numbers will change any time that PRICELINE adds, removes, or renames a zone)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I would like to stay in the zones: Bund Center -Luwan, OR, Huangpu-Doentown Puxi.

I went through each zone and 11 of them do NOT have a 5* option, so what I did on my second bid was 5* Bund Center-Luwan plus Central Jinquiao (not the one I want of course) as a re-bid.

The last bid, I added the 2 previous areas and added Huangpu-Downtown Puxi (one of my acceptable areas), and still no luck.

Not sure how to best proceed and if I should try up to 11 times, with all the different areas that do to have a 5*.

I don't know how they select the winning bid for 5* if there are two hotels in the area, but differ in price-maybe it's random?

There is a PRICELINE EXPRESS Deal offered for 5* for $120 in Luwan on PRICELINE with amenities:

Guaranteed Amenities:

Free Internet in public areas

Indoor Swimming Pool

Restaurant

Business Center

Fitness Center

Any way to help ID the possible hotels?

I am really trying to get the JW Marriott and it seems like its in Luwan but right on the border with the Huangpu area, which is my number 1 choice.

The map for this area is drawn very poorly and there is not a lot of detail to determine where a given hotel may be located.

I don't think the PRICELINE EXPRESS property above would be the JW Marriott... my guess(es) would be the Shanghai Marriott City Centre or the Puli Hotel and Spa.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]