Hotwire Hotel: 3* Houston (Aldine - Bush Ictl Airport IAH) Comfort Suites Humble

disarticulate
By disarticulate,
in

Hello again,

Used your Hotwire link to find a decent room in the Houston area. I wanted to have a little more assurance that I was getting a hotel with good reviews, so I opted for Hotwire.

When searching for rooms, I sorted by price (low to high) and then scrolled down until I found a hotel with good user reviews (90% recommended) for $53 / night.

Comfort Suites Humble

Amenities: Pet friendly, Pool, Fitness, Laundry (nothing else).

90% Recommended

Total with taxes and fees $258 for 4 nights ($65/nt). Pretty darn good for a hotel with such good reviews.

I looked at the TripAdvisor user reviews on this hotel and they're pretty darn good. Looks like it got the 2013 Certificate of Excellence and Choice Award 2011 & 2012.

Will let you know how the stay goes.

Congrats on your success. :)

Great deal and glad you are looking forward to your stay at this well-reviewed property.

I think there may have been more amenities then what you posted which would not have been seen unless you clicked the 'See all amenities' link during the checkout process. It would be greatly appreciated if you could double check to see if there were additional amenities associated with this listing. You can still view the full list of amenities assoicated with your purchase by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link on the top right of their home page, then viewing the trip information for this win.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

All of the superficial aspects of a hotel make this place a 2.5*, but I can see how Hotwire wants it to barely sneak into the 3* category.

The hotel itself resembles the structure of a Holiday Inn Express. It is a short, stubby, solitary building with one hallway. There is a small, simple entrance with four lounge chairs and a stagnant piano.

The "business center" is laughable at best. Fortunately I brought my own computer, because the business center's computer is akin to the one from my keyboarding class in 7th grade, circa 1995.

There is a miniature convenience store style area adjacent to the front desk, but it basically has all of the things you can get from a vending machine plus some toiletries.

The rooms are spacious and adequate, with a "living room" area furnished with a sofa, chair, coffee table, and dining table. The furniture is in the 2.5* category. There is a decent size fridge, microwave, and wet bar with cabinets.

There is no central air conditioning, just the large, loud units under the window that you're used to seeing at a motel 6.

There is no room service, but they do offer complimentary hot breakfast in the morning. Scrambled eggs, grits, sausage, biscuits w/ gravy, and Texas shaped Belgian waffles among all the other goodies that would come with a continental breakfast.

The service is friendly. I called the morning of my check-in, and they were accommodating in allowing me to request king bed on 3rd floor. When I arrived, the room was facing the freeway. I asked to be moved to the other side of the hotel, and again they were very accommodating.

This is definitely a 2.5* hotel, but I can see an opaque hotel dealer making the argument for 3*... can we give it 2.75*?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]