Priceline Hotel: Sanjose-Sunnyvale - Bidding strategy for 8/22 - 8/24 - 3* Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Sunnyvale

rk4750
By rk4750,
in

Hi,

I would greatly appreciate if I can get some tips on getting this great hotel with 8.6/10 rating. I know someone bid and got it for $45. I am a bit jittery to bid around the same amount.

I would like spend around $65-70 all fees included/night for a 3* property with bf/free internet and parking in SanJose - Sunnyvale.

Thanks in Advance

There is no way to bid for (or increase the odds of) a particular property. If you bid for a 3* in this zone, you could win any 3* in this zone, or possibly be upgraded to a higher star rating. If you are needing breakfast and free internet, I'd look at PRICELINE Express or HOTWIRE for listings with both.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thanks for the reply. These are amenities nice to have. I went ahead and took my chances. Will use the link here.

(wife)

Cupertino/ Sunnyvale 4* - $60 FAIL

Cupertino / Sunnyvale 3.5* - $60 FAIL

Cupertino / Sunnyvale 3* - $60 FAIL

What's the next best thing to do. Looks like I am running out of options. Help!!

If you search on HOTWIRE, are you seeing any listings that would appear to fit what you're looking for (area, budget, amenities?)

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Hotwire shows $96 for FB/FP/F internet. pricey for me.

Lookslike I have to skip free breakfast / free parking for a hotel in Sunnyvale / Cupertino CA area.

My budget is $150 for 2 days all incl.

If you search on HOTWIRE, are you seeing any listings that would appear to fit what you're looking for (area, budget, amenities?)

Hotwire shows $96 for FB/FP/F internet. pricey for me.

Lookslike I have to skip free breakfast / free parking for a hotel in Sunnyvale / Cupertino CA area.

My budget is $150 for 2 days all incl.

Don't mind including Santaclara too for a lesser price.

Some possibilities in the San Jose West zone:

2.5* Valley Park hotel

2* Best Western Airport Plaza

2* Candlewood Suites Silicon Valley

2* Mission Inn Santa Clara

2* Madison St Inn

... there could of course still be others but the above would at least be among the possible candidates.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I apologize for mistakenly quoted twice the message from THEREYOUARE. I am now back to my own PC, I hope can reply to the message.

Country Inn Sunnyvale was my weekend home and now the spare bedroom for my weekend visitors.

Most hotels in Silicon Valley make money on weekdays, and give away rooms over the weekend.

Which days are you bidding? Country Inn Sunnyvale accepts PRICELINE offers only on weekends (Fri., Sat. and Sun.), unless a holiday falls midweek. You can get hints from HOTWIRE or PRICELINE EXPRESS, but their rates are often higher than PRICELINE can bring.

Hotels near San Jose Airport or in Milpitas are more likely to accept PRICELINE offers on weekdays.

I hope these tips help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]