Hotwire Hotel: Florence, Italy 4 or 5* 7-12 October

ElPal
By ElPal,
in

Using your links to do some research, I have found the following hotels that I would like your assistance to identify.

HOTWIRE:

Old Town - Duomo - Ponte Vecchio area hotel 5* $320 per night

Amenities:

• Free Internet,
  • Boutique Hotel,
  • Restaurant(s),
  • Business Center,
  • Laundry Facilities (self-service),
  • High-speed internet access
  • Spa services

PRICELINE Express Deals:

Florence Central area 5* $395 per night

Rated 9.0 or higher

Amenities:

• Free breakfast
  • Fitness centre
  • Restaurant(s)

Florence Central area 4* $187 per night

Rated 8.0 or higher

Amenities:

• Free internet
  • Restaurant(s)
  • Pets allowed

If you could shed any light on the above, it would be much appreciated.

I will continue to use your PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links and to report back.

As indicated in my Florence thread, I am looking to stay in either Florence or Milan depending on the quality and price of accommodation available.

Using your PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links I have found the following hotels that I would appreciate your assistance in identifying:

HOTWIRE

Milan Central Station area 5* $175

Amenities:

• Pet friendly,
  • Fitness Center,
  • Restaurant(s),
  • Business Center,
  • High-Speed Internet Access,
  • Spa Services
  • Accessible for the blind
  • Accessible for the deaf
  • Accessible path of travel
  • In-room accessibility
  • Accessible bathroom
  • Handicapped parking
  • Roll-in shower

City Centre - Duomo - La Scala 4.5* $137 per night

Amenities:

• Free Breakfast,
  • Pet friendly,
  • Restaurant(s),
  • Business Center,
  • Laundry Facilities (self-service),
  • High-speed internet access

Milan Central Station Area 4* $102 per night

Amenities:

• Pet friendly,
  • Laundry Facilities (self-service)

NB I clicked on view all amenities and these were the only ones...

City Centre - Duomo - La Scala area 4* $95 per night

Amenities:

• Free Breakfast,
  • Free Internet,
  • Pet friendly,
  • High-Speed Internet Access

NB I clicked on view all amenities and these were the only ones...

PRICELINE Express Deals

North East Milan 5* $167 per night - it dropped from $170 while I was looking at it

Rated 8.0 or higher

Amenities:

• Pets Allowed
  • Restaurant
  • Business Center
  • Fitness Center

My guess would be the Westin Palace but that's not that great a deal considering Priceline have it in the retail part for $175 per night and considering the amazing saving I had for this hotel both on PRICELINE and HOTWIRE as reported to the board for the April 2013 stay. What do you think?

North East Milan 4* $150 per night

Rated 8.0 or higher

Amenities:

• Free Breakfast
  • Free Internet in room
  • Indoor Swimming Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Business Center
  • Fitness Center

My guess is the Best Western Hotel Galles. What do you think?

Any assistance would be, as always much appreciated. As always, I will continue to use your PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links for research and purchases and report back.

Please keep all posts for this stay in the same thread.

For Venice, what about the 4* Hotel Villa Pannonia at $194/nite?

Since you are looking for something $200 or under in Venice, are you willing to spend $300+ per nite for a hotel in Florence?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Please keep all posts for this stay in the same thread.

For Venice, what about the 4* Hotel Villa Pannonia at $194/nite?

Since you are looking for something $200 or under in Venice, are you willing to spend $300+ per nite for a hotel in Florence?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Hi,

Thanks for your help. However, I see that you have merged Venice with Florence and Milan. Venice is for different dates to the Florence/Milan stay so it needs to remain separate. Venice is for 5-7 October. Florence/Milan is for 7-12 October.

While the budget is ideally <$200 per night, we would be willing to go upwards into the $300+ range if the property is a particularly special one in Florence.

Ellie

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks for your help. However, I see that you have merged Venice with Florence and Milan. Venice is for different dates to the Florence/Milan stay so it needs to remain separate. Venice is for 5-7 October. Florence/Milan is for 7-12 October.

Further to my above post in which I indicated that the Venice thread should not be merged with the Florence/Milan thread, I note that this is still merged so I will post my Venice part here and let you separate the threads as they were originally.

VENICE

Re Venice as the stay is now approaching, we tried bidding on your PRICELINE link at $160 for a 5* in the Venice zone and it was rejected. We tried this 2 days ago. We will try again closer to the stay.

FLORENCE OR MILAN

As indicated above, the stay would be in either Florence or Milan for the 7-10 October period while attending a fair in Bologna. However, as the flight back to Australia departs from Milan, from 10-12 October the stay will be in Milan in any event.

FLORENCE

Using your PRICELINE link, we tried bidding $120 for 4* Florence Central then closed out and went back in again using your link and selected a rebid zone and bid $125 for 4*. Again, rejected.

MILAN

As indicated above, given that the stay in Milan will be including the 10-12 October in any event, we decided to try bidding for the 7-12 October using your PRICELINE link. [For this reason, this should probably now be separated out into its own thread but I will leave that to you as you initially merged them and I don't want to stuff things up.]

Hoping to get the Westin Palace Milan as we did for the April 2013 stay, we aimed for 5* in NE Milan and then closed out and went back in using your link and added rebid zones each time.

We bid as follows: $140, $145, $148, $155, $160 (at which point we received a counter-offer of $213), $163 (same counter-offer received), $164 (same counter-offer received).

People go back and forth between Hotwire and Priceline a lot. So threads are left in which ever area they started until they are finished. Then they are moved to the appropriate one. No need to request a move at this point.

Each stay is kept separate though.

It does look like this thread got tangled a bit. If, after a few days, a moderator doesn't "unmerge" the posts wrongly merged here I'd suggest you start new ones for the each of the non-Florence stays.

FYI, I'm a member, not an administrator, but opt to aid and abet here from time to time. It always seems like I gain more in ideas and information than I expend in effort.

Looks like you have a lovely trip in the making.

Romelle

Tried bidding for Florence for 7-10 October (this stay was never going to be any longer than that in Florence but it may be that my sister ends up just in Milan for this period) using your PRICELINE link and closing out and re-entering via your link for rebids.

I have bid $140, $150, $155 and $160 - no counter-offers were made.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]