Priceline Hotel: 4* Paris (Champs Elysees - Arc De Triomphe) Le Meridien Etoile

ElPal
By ElPal,
in

Using your links, I have researched some Hotwire hotels for my sister's upcoming stay in Paris.

Can you please help me identify these properties as I have found they do not match the amenities list for the properties as reported to the board and put into the Hotwire hotel list.

EIFFEL TOWER INVALIDES AREA 4* $196 per night

Amenities:

• Free Internet
  • Pet friendly
  • Laundry Facilities (self-service)
  • High-Speed Internet Access
  • In-room accessibility
  • Wheelchair accessible

MONTMARTRE MOULIN ROUGE SACRE COEUR AREA 4* $148 per night

Amenities:

• Free internet
  • Pet friendly
  • Restaurant(s)
  • Business Centre
  • High-speed internet access

Any ideas would be much appreciated. I will of course use your links for any further research and purchases and report any purchases to the board.

Thanks, again using your links, I have had another look..

Can you please tell me which hotel you think this might be.

Opera Garnier - Galeries Lafayette area hotel 4* $194 per night

Amenities:

• Free internet;
  • Smoke-free rooms;
  • High-speed internet; and
  • In-room accessibility

Ideally I would like to be paying under $200 total per night but if this is a particularly special hotel then I would consider it.

Also, I am seeing that Paris is really expensive for the dates that I am looking at. Any suggestions on whether I should perhaps leave it until closer to the date of travel and if that would actually mean I will get a better deal for this time period and Paris?

Thanks

Best guess would be Best Western Premier Le Carré Folies Opéra hotel

Also, I am seeing that Paris is really expensive for the dates that I am looking at. Any suggestions on whether I should perhaps leave it until closer to the date of travel and if that would actually mean I will get a better deal for this time period and Paris?
I'm sorry to say that we don't have an answer for this. Please read this link: Should i Bid Early or Close to Arrival Date

Keep us updated and let us know if we can be of further help along the way.

Yellowdog.

samuelbs

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Can you please post your booking in a separate topic so it can appear in board's Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins. Please include, date(s) for your stay, price paid/night before tax/fee's, star rating, name of hotel and the zone. And also please list the amenities HOTWIRE associates with the hotel.

Thanx!

Yellowdog.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchases and searches.

Could you please give me an idea of what hotel you think this might be that I found using your HOTWIRE link:

Gare d'Austerlitz - Place d'Italie area 4* $135/night

Only one amenity even when you click on view all amenities:

• pet friendly

My guess is that it is the Park & Suites Prestige Paris Grande Bibliothèque hotel.

Any assistance is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Ellie

Using your PRICELINE link, I have tried bidding for a 4* hotel in the OQW area.

I bid $120 per night - expected it to be rejected but thought I would try - REJECTED

Closed out and went back in again using your PRICELINE link, used Batignolles/Clichy as a free rebid zone and bid $125 - REJECTED

Closed out and went back in again using your PRICELINE link, used Buttes Chaumont as a free rebid zone and bid $127 - REJECTED

Closed out and went back in again using your PRICELINE link, used Gare du Nord as a free rebid zone and bid $130- REJECTED

Closed out and went back in again using your PRICELINE link, used Batignolles/Clichy and Buttes Chaumont for a free rebid and bid $135 - REJECTED

Closed out and went back in again using your PRICELINE link, used Batignolles/Clichy and Gare du Nord for a free rebid and bid $140 - REJECTED

Closed out and went back in again using your PRICELINE link, used Buttes Chaumont and Gare du Nord for a free rebid and bid $142 - REJECTED

Closed out and went back in again using your PRICELINE link, used Batignolles/Clichy, Buttes Chaumont and Gare du Nord for a free rebid and bid $145 - REJECTED

I'm now out of free rebids so will wait and report back. In the meantime, I will keep looking at HOTWIRE deals and PRICELINE express deals using your links and will report back.

My sister, for whom I am looking for the hotel, asked me to try for OQE this time so I have now used your PRICELINE link to try bidding.

I tried OQE at $125 - REJECTED

Closed out and went back in with your link selected Batignolles/Clichy as a free rebid zone and OQE at $130 - REJECTED

Closed out and went back in with your link selected Buttes Chaumont as a free rebid zone and OQE at $135 - REJECTED

Closed out and went back in with your link selected Gare du Nord as a free rebid zone and OQE at $138 - REJECTED

Closed out and went back in with your link selected Batignolles/Clichy and Buttes Chaumont as a free rebid zone and OQE at $140 - REJECTED

Closed out and went back in with your link selected Batignolles/Clichy and Gare du Nord as a free rebid zone and OQE at $145 - REJECTED

I decided to leave it there for now.

in the meantime, can you please let me know what hotel you think this is. Thanks

Could you please give me an idea of what hotel you think this might be that I found using your HOTWIRE link:

Gare d'Austerlitz - Place d'Italie area 4* $135/night

Only one amenity even when you click on view all amenities:

• pet friendly

My guess is that it is the Park & Suites Prestige Paris Grande Bibliothèque hotel.

Any assistance is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Ellie

Hi,

By way of update...

After my last update about 10 days ago, my sister used your link and her PRICELINE username and password to attempt to bid again for OQW.

We used the available rebid zones as they were then (Batignolles, Buttes Chaumont, Gare du Nord and Porte Montreuil) and bid each time closing out and reusing your PRICELINE link. She bid $150, $152, $155, $160, $163, $165 and $168. All were rejected and no counter offer was made.

Using the PRICELINE $7 bonus cash coupon code that I received this morning and your link, I took another look and saw that there has been a change in zones - the Champs Elysees - Avenue Marceau is now a rebid zone for 4* and 5*.

Accordingly, I worked out that I have a total of 24 bids available to me using each of the rebid zones. I didn't use that many bids but again each time used your PRICELINE link, then closed out and used your link again to make another bid. I have just now made the following unsuccessful bids: $110, $115, $116, $117, $118, $119, $120, $125, $127, $128, $129, $130, $135, $136, $139 and $140. No counter-offer was made by Priceline.

My sister is hopeful that hotels may be released closer to the stay (we are now 4 weeks and 2 days away from her check-in date) so she has decided to leave the bidding at this level for now and try again working upwards in a week's time.

As always, we use your links for searching and bidding and will continue to do so and report back.

• 4 weeks later...

We are now 8 days away from the date of stay and have still not had any luck finding a Paris hotel in the OQW area at 4*.

Using your PRICELINE link as always and closing out and re-entering via your link again between bids, we made 16 bids (establishing that there are 15 free rebids using the 4 rebid zones and their combinations) from $150/nt up to a final bid of $185/nt.

No counter-offers were received.

Any tips on what to do from here?

I'm just tossing out possibilities here, but maybe something will help. With 8 days away, I'd be getting a bit nervous.

You might consider zones further out? Or at least more zones in areas adjacent to OQW. The Paris Metro system is well developed and inexpensive. I've stayed clear out in the La Defense area and it worked quite well.

The last minute thing could work, but I don't think Paris has a reputation for great last minute bidding. For this route, it is always a good idea to make cancelable back-up reservations.

5 nights really isn't a long span, but if your sister is willing you might consider splitting the bid into 2 and 3 night stays. It is possible no hotel in your bidding zone has 5 night availability, but a couple of them have the shorter availability.

Have you found the Hotel Lists up in the header? There you can see the hotels members have reported here. And then there is the Hotel Review area clear at the end of this site. While there is a great review information on TripAdvisor, the reviews here have the slightly different slant of someone getting a bargain price.

Have you looked at the Hotwire possibilities lately? They can change regularly, and maybe there is something there now that could work. Hotwire also can give one a good idea as to what could work via Priceline. Right now the 4* Opera hotel there is $270, whereas other zones are not nearly so high. Even the 3* Opera is $160.

Finally, maybe a tiny stretch on that budget would do the job for the desired zone. 5 days isn't a lot of time, and the additional $$ might be worth the time savings of staying further out. And of course the transportation cost savings.

Romelle

Thanks Romelle.

My sister has her heart set on OQW where they scored the Westminster Paris for their March stay even though it had not been reported to the board as won in that zone for years prior or even in the time since they managed to get it.

That said, she is starting to realise that she may need to either increase budget or change zones.

With that in mind, we have just tried bidding on OQE using your PRICELINE links and closing out and re-using your link for each rebid.

We bid at $130, $135, $140, $145, $150, $155, $158, $159 and $160. No luck and no counter-bids.

I have been keeping an eye via your HOTWIRE link at the deals there but again my sister is looking for 4* and is hoping not to pay more than about $220 AUD per night.

I tried OQW again via your PRICELINE link (and again closing out and re-entering via your link when adding free rebid zones).

Bid as follows: $150, $155, $160, $165, $170, $175, $180, $190 and $195 - no success and no counter-offer.

As the stay is now 6 days away I have told my sister she really needs to consider other areas such as Champs Elysees - Arc de Triomphe, St Germain and Eiffel Tower - Trocadero.

We will see...

I took a look at the current rates and they are trough the roof in some zones. I belive you're not even close to hit for the Opera Quarters with the current rates. St Germain looks crazy expensive also.

My guess is that your best bet would be Champs Elysees - Arc de Triomphe and Eiffel Tower.

Keep us updated.

Yellowdog.

Thanks I had also suggested that to my sister. Using your PRICELINE link, I have made the following attempts for 4* hotels without success:

CHAMPS ELYSEES ARC DE TRIOMPHE and free rebid zones (each time closing out and re-entering via your link):

$120, $125, $130, $135, $140, $145, $150, $155, $160, $165, $170 and $175 - no counter-offers either

EIFFEL TOWER and free rebid zones (each time closing out and re-entering via your link):

$130, $135, $140, $145, $150, $155, $160, $165, $170 and $175 - no counter-offers either

ST GERMAIN and free rebid zones (each time closing out and re-entering via your link)

$140, $145, $150, $155, $160, $165, $170 and $175 - no counter-offers either

Also, something I've noticed is that although I have ticked the box to receive email notifications of replies, for the little while I haven't been getting the email notification although there have been replies. It has not gone to spam or junk either. Simply not received at all.

Hotwire Gare du Nord-Gare la Est has a 4* for $157 for your dates. While it wouldn't be your sister's dream location, it is wonderfully situated for going anywhere via the Metro. There haven't been any 4*s reported for that zone, so hard to tell what hotel it might be. The moderators could have some additional insight, but not necessarily.

Or - would your sister consider changing hotels mid-stay? If so, you could try bidding those same zones for the first three and last three nights of your stay. If you were successful for that, then you could start bidding the remaining two nights. Sometimes hotels will have availability for shorter lengths of time, but not for longer. But another hotel could have the other nights available.

You could tell her this would be an opportunity to enjoy the ambiance of more than one zone? :P

Romelle

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]