Priceline Hotel: Las Vegas 8/28-8/31 Tips?

Matt W.
By Matt W.,
in

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a Vegas hotel, preferably on the Strip for a good value. Though not extremely picky, there are a few hotels in te 4-5* range that I do not want to stay at, namely the Trump, Tropicana & Four Seasons.

I'm wondering what would be the best course of action for me to get a good deal while avoiding those hotels I listed. Should I go the Hotwire, Priceline bidding or Priceline express deals route? Or, should I just book through a site that lists the hotel and forego the savings offered for the blinds deals?

Any tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for the fast reply!

In terms of budget, I'd ideally be spending anywhere from $60-$120 per night, not including the resort fee.

I'd like it to be around $70 but I'm willing to pay more if I can get something nice. Also, I'd like to get a step above the standard rooms, but don't need a large suite or anything that fancy. If I do one of the secret deals, would that mean I would be put in a standard room?

Thanks a ton!

Given the discounted rates, PRICELINE and HOTWIRE reservations are for standard, non-upgraded rooms. You can ask about upgrades before the stay or at check-in, but keep in mind that the hotel can say no.

The Trump was last reported to the board in the Strip North Vicinity zone, so as long as that remains the case it can be avoided by bidding in the Strip North zone. The Four Seasons has not been reported to the board yet in the Strip South zone, but that doesn't mean that it can't suddenly appear as a win. The Tropicana has been reported to the board as a 4* in the Strip South zone.

I'm seeing what appears to be the Aria for $104 on HOTWIRE, what appears to be the Venetian or Palazzo for $136 on HOTWIRE, the Trump for $87 on HOTWIRE and either the Vdara or Four Seasons for $94. PRICELINE Express has what appears to be the Palazzo for $123.

Given all that:

1. The Four Seasons has not yet been reported to the board as a 5* in the Strip South zone when bidding, but that doesn't mean that it can't suddenly be. Is this an acceptable risk?

2. You could likely get a 5* in the Strip North area for around $100-115 via bidding, or a 5* in the $80-95 area in Strip South (although again, slight possibility the Four Seasons could appear.)

3. Or, go with one of the HOTWIRE or PRICELINE Express options above.

Let us know your thoughts.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]