Priceline Hotel: 4* Houston (Galleria) The Westin Galleria Houston

disarticulate
By disarticulate,
in

Just pulled the trigger on a little staycation. Used your Priceline link to start taking stabs at 4* Hotels in the Houston Galleria area.

Attempts

1st - $55 - 4*, Galleria Area - REJECTED

2nd - $58 - 4*, Galleria, League City - REJECTED

3rd - $60 - 4*, Galleria, League City, Kemah - REJECTED

4th - $62 - 4*, Galleria, League City, Kemah, Katy - REJECTED

5th - $64 - 4*, Galleria, League City, Kemah, Katy, Pearland - REJECTED

6th - $66 - 4*, Galleria, League City, Kemah, Katy, Pearland, Willbrook - ACCEPTED, 4* Westin Houston Galleria

Total for 2 nights - $163.12 (not bad)

Snagged the Westin Houston Galleria, not bad. It wasn't exactly what I was looking for, but I'll take it. It should work out well for back to school shopping because this weekend is tax-free in Texas.

Will try and follow up with the experience,

Jeff

Just checked in to Westin Galleria about an hour ago and I'm pleasantly surprised. I didn't have high expectations because of some of the reviews I've read, but now I think most of them just got off on the wrong foot because of difficult parking. Fortunately, I'm familiar with the Galleria area, I knew exactly where to park and it was less than a 2 minute walk to the check in counter.

Parking: Here's what I did to park in the Orange Garage Level 1: go down Alabama St and pass the Hotel valet. At the very next traffic light (McCue St) take a left into the parking garage and stay left at the fork.) After you park, just walk back down Alabama about 50 yards and you're there. This will save you a lot of walking or the $25 valet fee.

Checkin: I arrived early around 2:30 and they were pretty fast despite there being quite a few people in the lobby. Checkin was speedy fast, so I was on the elevator within 10 minutes of arriving.

Room: The room is definitely 4 stars. I've read some reviews saying that the rooms are dated and I have to disagree. Very nice furniture. The bed is up to par with every other Westin I've stayed in, and it's suiting me well as I type this, especially after I played 3 hours of tennis earlier today. The bathroom is gorgeous, albeit moderately sized, and the fixtures are nice and look up to date (nothing too über modern or swanky, but nice.) There's a large rainfall shower head that is high up (I'm 6'3" and it's about 6 inches above my head) as well as a detachable body sprayer for those hard to reach areas haha. The tub is big enough and the back is reclined. They have the curved shower rod to make it roomy in case you want to bring a friend.

Cons: I'm using my iPhone's HotSpot feature to tether for internet access because I think Westin's WiFi is around $20 a day. The food is also uber expensive. I was looking to being lazy this weekend and getting some room service, but it's $18 + gratuity for pancakes and then add $10 for coffee and you're looking at $60-70 for breakfast for 2 after tax and gratuity. No thanks.

Summary: Westin Galleria is definitely still a 4* hotel, and at $163 total for 2 nights after tax in this location, so far I am very pleased.

Thanks BB.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]