Priceline Hotel: 4* New York City (Midtown West) The Iroquois Hotel

UNCSoc
By UNCSoc,
in

This looks like a good price in New York City, Midtown Central. The price is 171 per night for 8/10-8/13 and the user rating is 90 percent.

Any ideas on the hotel? Here are the amenities:

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Thanks,

David

Welcome to BetterBidding :)

I think there may be more amenities associated with this property. If you go back to HOTWIRE and click this offer to get to the details page, then on the details page click the 'See all' link under the amenities, do you see more than what you've posted above?

If you don't see more amenities so try this,

HOTWIRE has a new interface which is not currently showing the complete set of amenities at the usual point of the search process.

This workaround has been successful in order to see the complete set of amenities:

· use this link to search HOTWIRE

· from the search results page click the offer for this hotel

· on the next page click BOOK NOW (no worries about purchasing by accident since no credit card information is entered up to this point)

· on the left side of the page click the 'See all amenities' link

This should show you the full list of amenities associated with each offer.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchases and searches.

Yellowdog.

I went into the "book now" screen and came up with this:

4-star Hotel in Midtown Central

This Hotel features the following amenities:

Restaurant(s)

Property offers at least one restaurant on the premises; hours and days of operation may vary.

Business Center

Guests have access to business equipment and services; an additional charge may apply.

Guestrooms are equipped with high-speed Internet access; an extra charge may apply.

Accessible for the deaf

TTY for telephone, visual or flashing fire alarm and vibrating alarm clock

Accessible path of travel

<amenity names only please... not descriptions>

Roll-in shower

Bathroom has a roll-in shower

Thanks.

--David

This is a different property then the one you had previously posted above, and unfortunately this one has not yet been reported to the board.

Is there something in particular you're looking for from this stay, as i do think there are better values offered for your dates then this one... what is your maximum budget per nite (before fees/taxes) for this trip?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I think you are right about that.

My problem is that I need something close to 54th and 7th ave, which is the Midtown Central area (or Midtown West in PRICELINE). Open to ideas on this. I have tried shortening the stay by a night, and getting a hotel closer to the airport for Monday night.

Am open to lower rated hotels, if the price is right and the user ratings are reasonable. My experience has been that below 8 on PRICELINE will usually disappoint in some way.

Thanks!

In NYC the zones are so close together, geographically small, and mass transit (or taxis) readily available and relatively inexpensive that if you're a little flexible you can save money by staying in a nearby zone... even if too far to walk, adding in the cost of a bus, subway, or sometimes even taxi fare can make staying outside of your ideal location a better value.

What is your maximum budget per nite for this trip? (before fees/taxes)

If location needs to be more important than price you can also try our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com... search within 1 mile of '54th St and 7th Ave, Manhattan' and then zoom in on the map to see all hotels in the immediate area, easily seeing how much more/less it would cost to go up/down in star rating or stay outside of the immediate area you're trying to target. (you can also use the FILTER section to UNcheck star ratings that you're not interested in, the slider to set a price range (which helps clear unwanted hotels from the map), and sort by price)... it's a very powerful too!

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I am now seeing yet a new 4* hotel in the MTC zone for your dates, but i am seeing a variety of 4* options at $190 or below, so we can try to zero in on which property(s) may be best for you for this trip, what exactly is it that you're looking for from this stay?

Sounds good. Thanks. Location is the main thing, since I will be in and out of the hotel over the course of the day. And a comfortable room with a desk to work at. That is about it. Have been working the 4 star properties, but 3 is fine if a better value.

Here is the closest that HOTWIRE has now:

4* $185

This Hotel features the following amenities:

Fitness Center

Guests have access to exercise equipment; an additional charge may apply.

Restaurant(s)

Property offers at least one restaurant on the premises; hours and days of operation may vary.

Business Center

Guests have access to business equipment and services; an additional charge may apply.

Guestrooms are equipped with high-speed Internet access; an extra charge may apply.

Please post only the amenity names (and not the descriptions) as you can see how much easier it is to read and helps minimize the chance that we'll miss an amenity when researching your trip.

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

These amenities are common for NYC and the Helmsley Park Lane, Royalton, Warwick, and Sheraton New York have all been seen with this amenity set, so any of these would be among the likely outcomes (although with amenities this common it could still very well be something else as well)

I'll also add that what looks too be the Novotel New York Times Square is offered at $192/nite, as is what appears to be the Hotel Manhattan at Times Square for $188/nite, and both of these would be very close to your target location, should either of these be of any interest.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please post only the amenity names (and not the descriptions) as you can see how much easier it is to read and helps minimize the chance that we'll miss an amenity when researching your trip.

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

These amenities are common for NYC and the Helmsley Park Lane, Royalton, Warwick, and Sheraton New York have all been seen with this amenity set, so any of these would be among the likely outcomes (although with amenities this common it could still very well be something else as well)

I'll also add that what looks too be the Novotel New York Times Square is offered at $192/nite, as is what appears to be the Hotel Manhattan at Times Square for $188/nite, and both of these would be very close to your target location, should either of these be of any interest.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

I think the Novotel would work well. Is that in the Midtown Central or the Times Square area? (They change the prices a lot it seems so not sure which one might be Novotel.)

Thanks!

I'm seeing a 4* in TS w/Pet friendly

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Kitchenette

Roll-in shower

This amenity set has been seen with the Novotel previously.

You can see the hotels reported to the board in NYC on Hotwire here (complete with amenities): Hotwire Hotel List New York.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thanks for the help. I was checking out PRICELINE with some bids and got The Iroquois Hotel, 4 star, Midtown West for $180. I was moving too fast on that, though, and should have realized I had a few more bids to go before going quite that high. The consolation is that it is a fairly highly rated hotel. A bit farther from my target because PRICELINE has that odd shaped Midtown West area.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]